Find Iphone Login
Is it possible to find an iPhone if it is turned off?
Tracking a disabled iPhone is currently not possible; Apple has been developing in this direction for quite some time, but there is no end result available to the mass user yet. The only chance for the iPhone owner is to find out the last location of the device, recorded when it was still active; the option is available only if the “Last location” slider in the “Find iPhone” section is set to “Enabled”.
How to find an iPhone from a computer or through another iPhone?
Both the very first iPhone and the newer models of technology from Apple, no matter how much they differ in terms of functionality, have one unpleasant, but inevitable, common feature: they can always get lost. Or be stolen. Fortunately, the situation is not so hopeless. It is quite possible to find your iPhone, even if it is turned off. How to track a lost or stolen phone. Let’s try to figure it out.
How to find an iPhone through another iPhone?
The easiest and probably the only way to track your iPhone through another is probably the only way to track your iPhone using the default Find My iPhone program:
- Having borrowed a phone from another person or taking a spare device, the owner who lost the iPhone opens the application and logs in with his account by entering the Apple ID login in the upper field.
- .And at the bottom. The password, then clicks on the “Login” button.
- Lost iPhone search starts automatically.
- During the process, it is recommended to allow the program to access your geolocation. It will be easier to build a route from your point to the one where the device is located.
- As a result, the user will see a point on the map. It shows the last location of the iPhone.
- For scaling it is enough to “push” the map or, conversely, to “squeeze” it with two fingers.
- By clicking on the “Navigation” button in the lower left corner, the user can.
- Set local units of measurement for the map, as well as, as in your iCloud account, select a method for drawing the terrain.
- And to access additional search options, just tap on the icon in the lower right corner.
- Select your device associated with your account in the list that opens.
- Go to the “Actions” menu.
- And see the familiar list of possibilities. Above is a button with a car icon. By clicking on it.
- The owner who wants to quickly find his iPhone will build a driving route to the found point.
There are many third-party applications for iPhone, which, according to the developers, allow you to find the device: Sensory, GeoZilla, Onlook, and so on. Their main disadvantages are paid and the need to first add the phone to the tracked list; if the device is missing, finding it simply by installing the application will not work. Which means there is no point in considering these products in the context of finding a lost or stolen iPhone.
How to find an iPhone from a computer?
But first, a few caveats. The owner who had the misfortune to lose an iPhone or iPad, or who is sure that the device was stolen, will be able to find the device on his own only if the following conditions are met:
- It is signed in to the Apple ID;
- Geolocation is enabled (tracking location using mobile networks);
- The “Find iPhone” option is activated. How to start it will be described below.
In other cases, you will have to rely on the help of outsiders, in particular, the user can:
File a theft report (even if he himself lost his phone) to the police. The text will need to give as many unique characteristics of the device as possible: its serial number, IMEI identifier, external signs, etc. It is not necessary to count on the agility of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, but the owner of the iPhone will definitely hear a few encouraging words. And this is always pleasant.
- Fill out an electronic form on the site. Sndeep.Info/ru or a similar online resource, indicating the serial number or IMEI of the iPhone you want to find, your contact information and the amount of reward. All this will take less time than trying to figure out what is difference between iPhone and smartphone. The chances of finding the device in this way are also not very great, and besides, the user may stumble upon scammers who want to receive the promised money. But it is definitely worth a try.
- Submit missing announcements to all kinds of print and electronic media. Of course, without neglecting the promise of a reward.
But instead of wasting time on the listed manipulations, the owner of the iPhone, who lost it himself or thinks that the device was stolen, can find the device from the computer by logging into iCloud.
As already mentioned, this is only possible if the corresponding functions are activated on the device. If so, you can skip the next short instruction and start searching right away; if not, but the phone is still with you. Without delay, turn them on:
- Go to the “Settings” iPhone and tap on the avatar of your account located at the top. If you have not yet logged into it, first log in; it’s as easy as putting your iPhone into DFU mode.
- Go to the profile page and open the iCloud section.
- Activate the “Find iPhone” option.
- By moving the slider to the “On” position.
- Back in “Settings”, go to “Privacy”.
- Open the “Geolocation” service.
- And move the slider to the active position.
- On the same page. Allow access to data on the location of the device to the application “Find iPhone”.
To find an iPhone with an activated search function from a computer, the owner must:
- Go to the site. Icloud.com in any convenient browser and log in to the same Apple ID account to which the device is linked by entering the login in the appropriate fields.
- In the menu that opens, you can not only find out the iPhone model, but also find the device that the user has lost or stolen. To do this, you need to click on the appropriate plate.
- The iPhone should be where the green dot is on the Apple card.
- By clicking on it, the user will be able to see when the device last synchronized data with the network.
- If viewing in flat map mode does not allow you to properly understand where exactly the iPhone is located and track it, it is recommended to open the drop-down list at the bottom right of the screen.
- And turn on the “Satellite” or “Hybrid” mode. Then it will be easier to find an iPhone based on a picture of the area from above than to install the best games for iPhone.
- Calling the drop-down list “All devices”.
- And clicking on the name of your phone.
- The user will have access to additional search capabilities. So, if there is an assumption that the iPhone was not stolen, but he just got lost somewhere at home or at work, it makes sense to start ringing it by clicking on the “Play sound” icon.
- In this case, the iPhone will beep to the owner until he can find him and turn off the notification.
- To ask the person who found the iPhone to contact the owner, select the “Lost Mode” option.
- Enter any six-digit lock code. Without entering it, it will be impossible to access the device options.
- Repeat a sequence of numbers.
- Indicate your contact number. Mobile or landline.
- And in the next information box, there are other important data and notes: from home address and email to the promise of a reward. Now it remains to click on the “Finish” button.
- As a result, the one who finds the iPhone will see the text of the message on the lock screen and will be able to call the number provided by the owner. Otherwise, without knowing the access code, he will not be able to do anything.
- If the data stored on the iPhone is of particular value to the owner, and the confidence in the ability to find the device is getting less and less every hour, it remains, having resigned to the loss, at least to try to maintain confidentiality. To destroy personal information and disconnect the phone from your account by clicking on Erase iPhone button.
- And confirming your consent to the irrevocable deletion of information.
- Some time after the conducted “search activities”, the email of the iPhone owner, tied to the account, will receive a message about the current location of the device. With the ability to view the geolocation in the browser.
It is highly discouraged to use unauthorized online services on a computer that offer to find an iPhone by cell number, unique identifier, or even based on geolocation: currently, the efficiency of such resources is at best zero, and at worst, fraudsters will pull valuable personal data from the owner of the phone. Data or, under the pretext of prepayment, a more or less significant amount of money.
The easiest and most reliable way to find an iPhone that the owner has lost or that may have been stolen is to go to the iCloud website from the computer and open the appropriate section. In a similar way, you can track the device on another iPhone or iPad. In the mobile application, in addition to everything, the user will be able to build a route to the location of the phone. It is not recommended to use third-party services and programs. They are either completely ineffective, or allow you to find an iPhone only if it is pre-installed on the device.
Special applications and programs for iPhone search
To find your lost device, you can use a third-party application, for example, Find my friends. The program works through the cloud iCloud service. Its main purpose. Quickly determine the location of iPhone owners through GPS and 3G those subscribers whose numbers are entered in the phone book.
The application also extends the capabilities of the program Find My iPhone. You can exchange data on the location of an object more than between two devices. Information about location data will be sent to any iOS device. The application also has a built-in parental control function. The program works with cards by contacts. The user will be able to continue the fast path to his friend. This function is especially useful if the guest does not know the way, and the inviter cannot personally meet and accompany the guest.
For security purposes, the user will be able to configure “Time window”, during which other subscribers will receive information about its location. The interval can range from several hours to several weeks. Upon completion, the data transfer will be completed. The user can also completely “Hide” from the outside world. The application also provides the function “Follow”, with which you can send information about your movement to another subscriber within a certain period of time.
That is, using the program Find my friends you can easily find your lost phone. The application is available for devices with iOS 5 and higher. Let’s take a closer look at how to use the application.
The program will only work between devices on which the application is installed. You can add contacts only with iPhone, iPad or iPod by number or email address. The addressee must confirm the request to provide their location data. If contacts were added to the phonebook from another Apple ID, then they will have to be dragged into the new account:
- 1. “Find friends” “I”.
- 2. “Move friends from another Apple ID” “Move friends”.
- 3. Log in to the system by specifying the previous identifier.
To hide your location from other subscribers, you need to log in to the program, go to the section “I AM” and disable the function “Share location”.
To turn off the display of information about your movements, you must in the menu “Settings” Login iCloud scroll to item “Share location” and deactivate the option.
Can i find a lost or stolen iPhone?
The hardest thing to track down is an iPhone with a dead battery. The latest generation operating system has built-in tracking functionality. Before disconnecting, the iPhone sends an SMS indicating the location. But you can use the function only after activating it. This way, you can easily track the lost iPhone, who works for iOS 8 with disconnected battery.
A couple more methods
If none of the above options helped, then you can use these methods.
1. If the application Find iPhone the device lights up in the mode “Offline”, then it is not connected to the network. That is, it will not be possible to carry out any manipulations remotely. It remains only to wait until it is connected to the network. A message will be sent to the email address specified during registration to activate the Lost Mode.
2. If the screen was locked, you won’t have to wait long. It is enough to knock down the settings to the factory settings or reflash the phone. After that, the device will be reconnected to the network and the owner will be able to block it.
3. If the iPhone was not turned on Touch ID, Lost mode is not activated, the attacker will be able to use the device. At the same time, disable the search function, it will not be able to restore iTunes. Also how to change Apple ID.
Contact the operator. Notification of friends in social. Networks
It will also be useful to inform all social networks about the loss of the iPhone. Perhaps you just forgot the device with someone you know.
How to find your iPhone if it’s turned off
In the event that the smartphone was turned off or simply discharged, it is not possible to track the current location of the phone, however, iCloud remembers and shows on the map the last place where the iPhone is before disconnecting. But there are some limitations:
- Feature support appeared with iOS 8 and above;
- It is only available on devices after the iPhone 4.
In addition, this function must first be enabled in the settings:
Go to iCloud Settings Find My iPhone.
- Toggle the Send Last Location slider active.
How to find iPhone via another iPhone
On iOS, there is a mobile application Find My Freinds, the main task of which is to help friends find each other, but in practice it copes quite well with finding lost smartphones.
How to find an iPhone via another iPhone:
Install the app.
- Click on the Add icon (plus sign).
- Enter the requested information about your friend’s device.
- Wait for permission from a friend (they must also have this application installed).
Thus, by installing this application, you can always find your device through another iPhone. So we recommend that you worry about it in advance.
Find iPhone by IMEI
If the previous methods did not suit you, then there is another option. Search by IMEI (this is a unique identification number of each phone, consisting of fifteen characters). Imei will allow you to find the device by GPS, even if data transfer or geolocation was enabled.
Imei can be found either from the device documentation or by typing USSD command # 06 #. You need to contact the police with the IMEI number, but first it would be better to try using the service for finding lost gadgets. We recommend TrackerPlus or its analogues.
How to find iPhone by phone number
Determining the location of a device by its phone number is a difficult task. This can only be done by an operator, and when you contact the customer support service, you will most likely hear that the company does not have such a technical capability, which is an obvious cunning. But in any case, such information is disclosed solely at the request of law enforcement agencies, and it is almost impossible to obtain it personally.
Forewarned. Armed: FAQ for Tracking and Finding a Lost iPhone
The loss or theft of an iPhone is always a big problem, since the mobile contains a huge amount of personal information and all kinds of passwords, including those from payment systems. In addition, in the presence of potentially defamatory information, the user can become a victim of blackmail, and the presence of work-related data in the device’s memory can lead to dismissal.
There are tons of ways to find your lost iPhone. Both official and third-party. Let’s figure out which one is right for you.
How to find iPhone from computer via iCloud. Using Find My Phone
If you have activated this function on your phone in advance, then the search for a gadget will be much easier. It is better to turn on FMP immediately after buying a new iPhone so that at a critical moment you will not be left without the main search tool.
Find My Phone is activated as follows:
- Go to Settings, select iCloud.
Now directly to how to find an iPhone from a computer via iCloud.
Go to icloud.com.
- Login with AppleID and password.
- From the menu, select the Find iPhone icon.
- A green dot will be visible on the map that opens, this is the location of your phone. If you have several gadgets from Apple, then when you click “All devices” you can select exactly the one that was lost.
By clicking on the name of the device you need, you will get access to information about the battery charge level, and you can also use the three main functions of the smartphone:
Play sound. Used to find a device in the immediate vicinity.
- Lost mode. Using this mode, you can set an additional password on the device and indicate your contact phone number so that a passer-by who finds the phone can contact you. In addition to the contact number, you can leave a message for the person who found the device. This can be your address, for example, or the amount of the reward. Together with the number they will be displayed on the screen of the locked phone. Disabled Lost Mode in the same menu where it was turned on.
- Erase all data from iPhone. As the name implies, this function allows you to delete all information from the device’s memory. It is recommended to use it in cases when you have a backup of the system, or when the risks associated with obtaining information by intruders are too great.
What not to do if your iPhone is stolen?
Let’s fantasize: your iPhone was stolen with the Find iPhone feature enabled and active activation lock, you turned on Lost Mode in iCloud, locked the device with a password, entered a contact phone number and a message asking you to return it for a reward, and then turned to law enforcement authorities with a statement about the theft of your property by providing the IMEI. Further events can develop as follows:
- The police officer will ask you to turn off the Lost Mode so that attackers can connect the iPhone to the cellular network and it can be found by IMEI. If the device is locked with a lock password, then feel free to disable Lost Mode. Even after that, an attacker will not be able to bypass the password, and you can reset it only by restoring the iPhone in DFU mode.
The police officer will offer to remove the iPhone from iCloud or completely erase it to search by IMEI (so that the device can be activated and connected to the cellular network). This should never be done! If you remove iPhone from iCloud or request to erase it, Find My iPhone and Activation Lock are disabled. Such a device can be activated (without a password for Apple ID) and used as intended. It’s not a fact that even if an expensive device is found and it is not blocked on your Apple ID, the police officer will not appropriate it to himself. Miracles happen, but rarely!
A person will call you to the contact phone number that you provided when activating the Lost Mode, posing as a support employee, service center or secret benefactor and asks to delete or erase the iPhone in iCloud so that he can connect it to the Internet and you will find out where it is your iPhone. History knows that too. Don’t be naive: never delete your iPhone from iCloud, let alone erase it.
Only the one who sees your message and holds the locked device can call the contact phone number that you specified when you turned on Lost Mode. A sane person will not buy a stolen iPhone, which means that no support or service center employee is calling you, but the attacker himself who stole your device (also not a fact, but the likelihood is high) and who certainly will not return the stolen phone to you.
Stolen iPhone is offline in iCloud, what to do?
If your phone appears offline in Find My iPhone in iCloud, then it’s not connected to the Internet. In this mode, it is impossible to remotely block (by the lost mode) and send a message to the device until someone connects it to the Internet. You have no choice but to wait for the notification about the activation of Lost Mode. The letter will be sent to the email address to which the Apple ID is registered.
How much to wait? If your device is locked with a password. Not for long. To reset the iPhone password, you need to reflash, connect to the Internet and activate. As soon as the device connects to the network, Lost Mode will be enabled (your message and contact phone number will appear on the lock screen).
If the lock password (Touch ID) was not enabled in the iPhone settings and Lost Mode was not activated (the device is offline), the attacker will be able to use the smartphone, but will not be able to disable the Find iPhone function, will not be able to restore it in iTunes (normally mode), reset and connect your Apple ID. Iphone will still be permanently locked with Activation Lock.
Iphone stolen, what to do? How to block it, find it via iCloud and by IMEI
According to statistics, the iPhone is the most attractive mobile device among pickpockets. They are not alone in their sympathy. For me he is also the best smartphone. Today I will tell you what to do if you become a victim of an intruder and your iPhone was stolen.
I will be frank: if a trouble happened to you and your iPhone was “stolen” the chances of returning it are not great, but still there. Chances increase if your iPhone is running iOS 5.0 and higher, your Apple ID is connected in its settings in the “iCloud” menu and the “Find iPhone” function is turned on (the corresponding switch is on).
This function allows you to find a stolen iPhone (determine its location) and block it remotely, but only if the device is connected to the Internet (via Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G or GPRS. No difference). If you do not know if your iPhone has the “Find iPhone” function. Check.
Do not be surprised if the Find My iPhone function is already enabled on your device, but the location of your device is not displayed in iCloud in the application of the same name. For this, several conditions must be met:
- Iphone must have Geolocation Services enabled for
- (see Settings. Privacy. Geolocation Services. System Services).
The device must be connected to the internet.
The last geolocation is available only within the first 24 hours after the last connection to the Internet.
If the location of your device is not displayed, then the conditions are not met.
Iphone was stolen, what to do?
Turn on Lost Mode in iCloud.
Lock iPhone with passcode.
If the lock password is enabled in its settings, then when the Lost Mode is activated, there will be no request to enter the password. The device is already under the password. Enter your contact phone number.
Enter a message asking you to return the device. Offer a reward.
- Contact law enforcement agencies (police) with a corresponding statement. It’s free.
This requires an IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). A number (usually 15 digits). You can find it on the original packaging on the barcode label or here.
After connecting the iPhone to the Internet, for example, to activate it, Lost Mode will be enabled: the device will be locked with a password, your message will appear on the lock screen, and the attacker will be able to call the contact phone number you specified. Will call or not. Another question.
What to do if Find My iPhone is not turned on on a stolen iPhone?
Then there is only one option. File a complaint with the police about stealing your iPhone. How does this help, you ask? Whenever your mobile phone connects to a cellular operator’s network, it broadcasts its IMEI. This code serves to identify the mobile device on the network: it can be locked at the operator level and the location can be determined. Information about the location of your device will not be provided to you even for money. This is confidential information that is provided only to law enforcement agencies.
Technically, it is easy to find an iPhone by IMEI, but in practice, inquiries from the Ministry of Internal Affairs to operators take more than one week, and during this time it is not difficult to sell a stolen iPhone on the black market somewhere in Africa, especially if the case is on stream. Unfortunately, if the Find iPhone function is not enabled on your iPhone and, as a result, Activation Lock is not active, there is little chance of returning it.
If your iPhone, iPad or MacBook is stolen, do not panic, there are ways to lock, find and return the device, but this is unlikely to be done quickly. First of all, turn on Lost Mode, lock the device with a password (if the lock password was not enabled in its settings), enter the contact phone number and a message asking for a return. Then contact the law enforcement agencies with a statement about the theft of property, provide evidence that the device is yours by law. A check, a box. If a police officer asks you to turn off Lost Mode. Turn it off, if you ask to delete it from iCloud. In no case do this. Then you just have to wait: either the police will find it, or the iPhone will be connected to the Internet for activation and you will receive a notification by mail and you will be able to determine the location of the device.
Do you have a story about the theft of your iPhone, iPad or MacBook? Share with the readers of our site in the comments.