It turns out that the iPad can make a sound in the form of a repeating monotonous squeak, by which it can be found in an apartment or in some other place.
But in order for this sound to appear on your iPad, several conditions must be met:
- The iPad must have “Find iPad” enabled. To enable this mode, you need the following:
- Installed iOS 5 System
- Included use of iCloud service. Most likely, you have already connected this service, but if not, you can enable it like this:
- Go to settings
- Select iCloud section,
- Enter your Apple ID and password
- Press the enter button
- Go to Settings
- Select menu item “iCloud“
- Enable the Find iPad option
Well, that’s probably all. If all these conditions are met, then you can directly go to the search and try to find your tablet.
Looking for an iPad
- We go on the Internet (on another iPad, computer or laptop connected to the Internet) to icloud.com
- Enter your AppleID and password. These should be exactly the values to which you attached iCloud on your lost iPad. Otherwise, nothing will work.
- Click the “Find iPhone” shortcut. Even if you’re not looking for an iPhone, but for an iPad, we’ll still choose this shortcut
- After that you will see something like this
(if geolocation mode is enabled on your iPad, I will write about it below, the picture will be slightly different. With the map and the approximate location of the iPad. In this case you need to touch the iPad in the “my devices” window and select the letter “i “, Which means” information “, then follow the steps below)
A few words about geolocation mode
If geolocation mode is enabled on your iPad (it is enabled in the settings), then in addition you can see the approximate current location of the lost iPad on the map. In this case, logging into iCloud, you will see a map and a point. Your iPad.
The accuracy of determining the location can be different, it depends, apparently, on several factors.
After the message is sent, a notification of this wonderful event will be sent to your email.
That’s all, good luck and let your iPad never get lost!