Erase iPhone if you forgot Apple ID
Checking Activation Lock status
The status of an iPhone or any other iOS device can be found using the official Apple website. If you want to check iPhone by IMEI for activation lock, then follow these steps:
- Log in to iCloud and go to the Activation Lock page.
- Enter the serial number or IMEI of the device you want to check.
- Additionally, enter the code from the picture to confirm the action.
After that, the tab will automatically update, and the activation lock status (enabled, disabled) will appear on the page. It is recommended to use the service before buying an iPhone “from hand”.
Apple ID recovery
Activation Lock is turned on if the iPhone is tied to an Apple ID, and the user entered the wrong account information. If you forgot your username or password for your account, then try to restore it. To do this, follow these steps:
- If you do not remember the identifier, you can view it through the iCloud, iTunes Store or App Store settings. But only if you are successfully authorized on another device.
- You can also view the ID using materials previously purchased from iTunes. To do this, select the file through the library and go to the “Edit”. “Info” menu. Here go to the file tab and find the line “Buyer”.
- Recover Apple ID using the official website. To do this, you will need to indicate your full name, estimated e-mail address.
- If you have forgotten your password, please reset it. The procedure differs depending on the selected authentication method. The recovered password will be sent to the email address specified during registration.
Once you restore your Apple ID account details, try bypassing iPhone Activation Lock. To do this, enter a new ID and password. After that you will get access to the device.
Unblocking via iTunes
If you previously used iTunes to synchronize data and the required Apple ID remains in the program, you can remove the block using the following steps:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable (use only original cords).
- Turn on iTunes and wait for the device to appear in the active list. It is not necessary to lock the screen.
- A system notification will appear on the smartphone screen, where it will be said that the iPhone is in recovery mode.
- Confirm the action and agree to a full recovery.
After that, user data will be automatically destroyed, and the latest version of iOs will be downloaded to the phone. If you used the backup function before, then the information can be transferred back.
IPhone unlocking is available only to the owner. If Activation Lock was enabled through Lost Mode (using the Find iPhone service), it will be impossible to restore it.
How to unlock iPhone 4s, 5s if you forgot your Apple ID password
Activation Lock is a built-in iPhone (iOs 7 and above) feature that protects personal data from unauthorized access and prevents the device from being resold. Turns on if you enter the password incorrectly for the account. Next, we’ll show you how to remove iPhone Activation Lock if you’ve forgotten your Apple ID.
If you cannot remove Activation Lock and restore Apple ID, you can remove it by contacting the official Apple support.
Contact a specialist of the company through the form on the website (but best of all by phone) and prove the fact that you are trying to restore a device that belongs to you.
To do this, provide all the necessary documents, including a photo of the box with the serial number, iPhone data and other information (do not forget the purchase receipt). If everything is in order and the smartphone is really yours, then the staff will remove iCloud Lock or help restore access to Apple ID.
If you are using someone else’s device, then “Activation Lock” may appear if the previous owner has not removed the iPhone from the list of linked. To reset the lock, ask him to do the following:
- Log in to the official icloud website and enter your Apple ID details (identifier, password).
- Go to the “Find iPhone” tab and select “Show all linked devices” (at the top of the page).
- A list of available iPhones, iPads and other iOs-based devices (which are linked to the account) will open.
- Select the iPhone you want to unlink from the icloud service and click “Remove from Account”.
When the previous owner takes the described actions, the smartphone must be turned off and then turned on again. After that, activate it like new. To do this, create your Apple ID or use an existing one.
Reset iPhone to Factory Settings without iCloud Password.
How to Delete Data from iPhone Before Sale or Transfer? Factory settings. the most useful method for users trying to erase their data on iPhone X / 8/7 / 6. However, without a password, users cannot simply recover their files and data, so we recommend that you use a free tool. Tenorshare ReiBoot which is the best iOS tool in the world and can help users solve all iOS related problems. You can only follow the steps to delete iPhone data without passcode. how to clean an ihone completely before selling.
After downloading and installing Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC / Mac, launch the program and connect your iPhone to your computer.
Click “iPhone Factory Settings” from the top corner to go to the advanced system recovery interface directly when connecting the iOS device.
In advanced mode, click Fix Now to start downloading the firmware package, or you can also manually import the firmware if you already have.
After you have finished downloading the firmware, click “Start Repair”. During recovery, make sure there is a connection between the iOS device and the computer. And the process can take about 10 minutes. After a system restore, your device will reboot as usual.
And users can also refer to the video tutorial to learn a more detailed process.
How to Erase iPhone without iCloud / Apple ID Password
There are many situations (sale or transfer) in which users need to erase their iPhone / iPad / iPod to ensure their privacy. However, if users forgot their iCloud password, How to reset iPhone without iCloud / Apple ID password? Here are the best solutions to fix.
Top 2 Ways to Clean iPhone Completely Before Selling
Using iTunes to reset iPhone to factory settings if Find iPhone is disabled
How to Erase iPhone Before Selling or Transferring? For users who have already disabled Find My iPhone for their iPhone / iPad / iPod, you can also try to return your iOS device to recovery mode and use iTunes to restore iPhone.
To enter recovery mode easily, you can also get help from Tenorshare ReiBoot so that it can enter recovery mode / exit iPhone X / 8/7/6 recovery mode with just one click.
Just run the program and click “Enter Recovery Mode”, you will see iTunes and USB icons on the iPhone screen.
Then connect your iPhone with iTunes via USB cable, iTunes will detect iPhone in recovery mode and require recovery.
Go to iTunes Overview Restore iPhone. “To restore iPhone to factory settings.
In this post, we introduce two ways to erase iPhone when you are locked from iCloud password. Tenorshare ReiBoot is the preferred recommended method when it comes to erasing and iPhones without an Apple ID. In addition, Resetting iPhone to factory settings can also fix other problems, such as iPhone stuck on iTunes lanyard, iPhone stuck on Apple, etc.
How to delete Apple ID on iPhone without knowing the password
Several ways to delete your Apple ID
The very first (and in my opinion the most correct) is to contact Apple support and by hook or crook to get your way. The stump is clear that they are extremely reluctant to do this. It is not in their best interest to lose clients. This is a time consuming method. Letters by e-mail from your inbox attached to your account. Then a long wait for an answer. over, everything is in English. If you learned Norwegian at school, it will be extremely problematic to understand everything. Although you can use an online translator. I hope that if you give a good reason, they will go to your meeting and unlink your account.
Or you can find Support in your country. Try to call there. For me, this is a very simple, but quite reliable way. The TP is approached with such requests almost around the clock. They have ways to do it in no time. I am sure that too many people will not understand this method. We are always in a hurry somewhere, for some reason we want everything, more, at once. Let’s move on to other ways to get rid of your “Apple ID”.
The second method is much simpler, but it also brings with it many unpleasant consequences. We just log into our Apple ID and make changes there. For example, we change our email account for another and save the changes. There are already two ways too. We put a non-existent or just our spare, which we can contact in case of something. At the same time, all our old data simply remains frozen. But we will not be able to use them.
The third method is similar to the first, but we change all our data, save the changes, and thus, when creating a new “Apple ID”, we can again enter our correct data. Name, address, credit card number, etc., etc.
I will repeat myself. You will lose a bunch of useful information that you have accumulated for more than one day. Therefore, before doing anything, copy it somewhere. Maybe it will come in handy.
How to remove Apple ID yourself ?
One continuous chagrin, unnecessary problems with restoring all your data. Therefore, we would advise you to think a little about these consequences. We can delete everything, but then we will have to suffer for a long time doing the restoration of various information. You still have to come to terms with the idea that everything cannot be returned back. Some things will disappear forever. Well, if you have made a final, irrevocable decision, then how you can delete your ID on the iPhone (forgetting or not knowing the password), you will learn from our article.
We will assume that I did not persuade you to leave your “Apple ID” (“Apple ID” as young people say) and the decision was not changed. Get rid of this Apple ID now, forever.
There are several possible ways in which you can lose your account. Personally, I only know three. Maybe there are many more, even a lot in this world. I do not know. Let’s talk about them in other articles.
How to Factory Reset an iPhone without Apple ID Password
I am inserting a short video instruction on how to do this:
How to remove Apple ID without knowing the password
Here you can read the instructions directly from the official site. May I help.
Which method you use is up to you. Good luck.
Well, if you have a mobile device with the “Android” operating system, then you can see how you can remove your ID on it HERE.
Did this article help you?
Unlink a device from an Apple ID account
The first way is through the settings of the device you want to untie:
- Go to device settings. Go to settings
- Open iTunes & App Store. Go to the “iTunes and App Store” section
- Keep your unique Apple ID. Click on Apple ID
- Open View Apple ID. Select “View Apple ID”
- Scroll down to iTunes in the Cloud and use the Remove from Account button. Press the button “Remove from account”
The second way is by resetting content and settings:
- Go to device settings. Go to settings
- Open the “General” item. Go to the “Basic” section
- Open the “Reset” subsection. Go to the “Reset” section
- Select “Erase Content and Settings”. Confirm the action and wait for the process to finish. Press the button “Reset content and settings”
The third way is through the iTunes app on Mac OS or Windows:
- Open the iTunes app. Open iTunes
- Expand the Account menu. Open the section “Account”
- Select the “View” section. Go to the section “View”
- Find the item “iTunes in the cloud” and in it click the “Manage devices” button. Press the button “Manage”
- Find the device you need and click on the “Delete” button opposite its name. In the event that this button is gray and cannot be pressed, you must first exit iTunes on the device you are trying to untie.
change Apple ID information
This method is not really deleting, but editing your personal information. In this case, we suggest changing your email address, name, surname, payment methods for other information that is not related to you. If you need to free your email, just editing the email address will be enough.
Follow this link to the Apple ID management page. You will need to log in to the system.
You will be taken to the page for managing your Apple ID. First of all, you need to change your email address. To do this, in the “Account” block on the right, click on the “Change” button.
In the edit line, you can, if necessary, change your first and last name. To edit the linked email address, click on the “Edit Apple ID” button.
You will be prompted for a new email address. Enter it and then click on the “Continue” button.
Finally, you need to open your new mailbox, where you should receive a message with a confirmation code. This code must be entered in the appropriate field on the Apple ID page. Save changes.
On the same page, go down to the “Security” block, near which also select the “Change” button.
Here you can change your current password and security questions to others not related to you.
And finally, you can unbind the tethered Apple Idi devices. To do this, find the “Devices” block, where the linked computers and gadgets will be displayed. Click on one of them to display an additional menu, and then select the “Delete” button below.
Having completely changed the information about your Apple account ID you, consider that you deleted it, since the old email address will be free, which means that, if necessary, you can register a new profile on it.
How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID Password when Find My iPhone is On
Removing an account by changing data
This method is suitable primarily for those who want to re-register their Apple ID account to a mail that is already linked to another account.
- Open the iTunes app on your Mac OS or Windows computer. Open iTunes
- Log in to the system. Log in to the system
- Click on your account icon. Click on the account icon
- Go to the “Account Information” section. Open the section “Account Information”
- Enter the new details and click the Done button to save the changes. You can change the main mail only to the one that you really have access to, as it will receive a letter with a request, which will need to be confirmed to complete the operation. Changing data
How to Delete Old Apple ID on iPhone 4 Without Knowing the Passcode
how to delete someone else’s Apple ID on Iphone 4,4s, 5,5s, 6. not knowing the password
How to Remove (Reset) Apple ID and Password on iPhone All
Delete icloud account without password, no fake 100%
Disable someone else’s iCloud without a password! IOS 7.0-7.0.6 vulnerability
How to remove Apple ID password?
remove icloud without password
Four effective ways to remove Icloud on iphone 4 4s 5 5s 6 6s plus
How to remove icloud on iphone if forgot password
how to find out the Apple ID of the previous owner
What to do? Forgot / don’t know password / Apple ID
How to Delete or Unlink Apple ID Account on iPhone or iPad
There are several ways by which you can unlink your device from your account, and there are also two ways by which you can remove your “account”.
Deleting an account through support
The second and final way to delete your Apple ID account is to write an email to Support asking you to delete your account. To do this, follow the link http://Apple.com/support/feedback/ and fill in all the fields.
- Write all information exclusively in English, fill in all fields.
- In the Email Address section, enter the mail of the account you want to delete.
- In the Subject section, describe your goal: “I want to delete my Apple ID account” or something similar.
- In the Comment section, describe in more detail why you want to get rid of your account.
- After filling out all the fields, click the Submit Suggestion button. We fill in all the fields and send a request
How to remove old Apple ID on iPhone 4 without knowing the password. How to remove Apple ID without knowing the password
Apple ID password recovery
Removing a working Apple ID
From the moment I created my Apple ID, I have not had any thoughts to delete it or create a new one. But since the people demand, it was decided to write this article and share their knowledge in this area.
Correcting data in iTunes settings
This manipulation is similar to the previous method, but some differences are worth noting. So:
- Open the iTunes Store app and go to your account;
- We select “Account Information”. All information about the account will appear in front of us. Depending on the goals pursued, the settings can be changed as you like.
- If we plan to use an existing mailbox without deleting an account, or create a new one with old data (bank card, name, surname, etc.), we simply change the current e-mail to another, real one (otherwise we will not be able to confirm the changes).
In addition, you can delete devices linked to your account in the settings. All at once, or each separately. To do this, in the “Account Information”, you must click the “Deauthorize All” button, or “Delete” opposite the name of the device, the binding of which we want to unlink.
Removal through contacting the tech. support
This method is the only one that permanently deletes Apple ID, i.e. in the future you will not be able to restore it using the same e-mail. The other three methods only suspend the action, and do not delete the account, although in general the result is almost the same, nevertheless it is up to you to decide which one is best for your particular case.
So! What steps need to be taken to permanently and irrevocably remove? Let’s follow it below:
- In order to remove Apple ID, go to the official website in Support;
- In the form that opens, fill in the fields (“required”. required). We write the request in English. If knowledge of the language does not allow you to write a letter yourself, we create an appeal using any online translator. Text created in this way, as a rule, is not a reason for refusal.
- in the line “Email address”. be sure to indicate the email from which the Apple ID was created.
- in the line “Subject”. we write about the desire to delete the account.
- in the line “Comment”. indicate the reasons for deletion.
- We send a message by clicking “Submit Suggestion”.
After a certain time (from a week to a month), a letter from the technical support service will be sent to the mail. It will contain a link confirming the deletion of the account. You need to go to it and delete your account without the ability to create a new one using your old mail.
Disable or limit in-app purchases on iPhone
Remove Apple ID directly from your device
This method allows you to quickly remove Apple ID from any device (for example, iPhone) and use a new one.
- Go to the home screen in “Settings”;
- Select “iTunes Store, App Store” in the settings;
- In this control panel, click the “Apple ID:.”
- After a sign with four inscriptions pops up on the screen:
- View Apple ID (View)
- Sign out
- iForgot (iForgot)
- Choose “Exit”.
Removing Apple ID from your phone
When we re-enter the same menu, we will see that the current Apple ID has been deleted, and we were able to enter another, or create a new one. I hope I was able to tell you about something new and useful! Good luck!
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Correcting e-mail on the Apple ID management page
If you want to get almost the same result, but now, you can use the method of “freezing” Apple ID by changing the mail name. Step by step it looks like this:
- We go to the official Apple website;
- We hammer “Apple ID” in the search engine;
- Click “Manage Apple ID”;
- Open an account (all information is located here: name, main address, alternative addresses in case the account password is lost);
- Change the current e-mail (for example, add three numbers between the first three letters). All three circles that appear during the change should be green.
- Save changes.
The Apple ID is now tied to a new, non-existent address. The old one can be used to create a new account. This five minute process demonstrates the following video.
What happens if you click “Erase iPhone” on the iCloud website?
Hey! Many people are worried about what happens after all data is deleted from the iPhone via iCloud.com. Only there is very little adequate and normal information on the Internet on this issue. And to be absolutely precise, there is practically none. Most of the resources just take and copy the phrase from the Apple website. “When you erase data from the device, the Find iPhone function and Activation Lock are also disabled.”.
However, if we return to the description of this function, it turns out that the answer to all these questions is obvious. after clicking “Erase iPhone” the device will be “clean” and not locked.
So what happens? The author of these lines in the article about the Lost Mode in vain advises everyone to erase the device if it is lost (stolen) and it is not possible to find it? That is, on the one hand, we delete all our data (this is a plus). On the other hand, we completely unlock the phone (this is a minus) and anyone can use it?
But, in fact, something is missing in this phrase. And at the end of the article we will correct it 🙂
In order to clearly show what happens during and after the process of deleting data from the iPhone through “Find iPhone”, I decided to do this action myself. True, the iPad will participate in this experiment (it will take a very long time to restore the phone from a backup), but for the iPhone the result will be completely the same. So let’s go!
We have the “Find iPhone” function enabled on the device and imagine that we have irrevocably lost the gadget (or stolen it). We need to erase all data from it, for this:
- Go to iCloud.com and enter your Apple ID account.
- Click on “Find iPhone” and in the list of devices select the one you want to clear.
- Click “Erase iPad” (or iPhone) and confidently agree that all materials and settings will be deleted. And, of course, after this action, the device cannot be detected or tracked.
- And here is a small problem for those who do not have complete information about the Apple ID account. The fact is that to confirm your intentions, you need to answer security questions (at least two out of three).
- After that, we indicate the phone number and a short message. they should be displayed on the device screen after erasing. Looking ahead, I would like to note the fact that for some reason all these inscriptions were not shown on the display. Why? Honestly, I don’t know. if you have ideas, then write in the comments. Click “Finish”.
- All! IPhone or iPad data is completely deleted. And this is where the most important thing begins. this must be remembered. We see the inscription “Erasure completed” and one more line. “Remove from find iPhone”.
- Now, if you press it, then the device will really “be released” from blocking Apple ID and anyone can activate it. If you do not press, your iPhone or iPad will remain in Lost and Erased mode.
In this case, unlocking the device is almost impossible. Even through technical support.
With a high degree of probability, the gadget can be safely handed over for spare parts.
And even then, the most expensive of them. the motherboard, will be locked in iCloud.
As promised, we will slightly correct the phrase from the official Apple website 🙂
And now the shortest possible conclusions. So, if you erase your iPhone or iPad using the “Find iPhone” function, then:
Recover lost data as soon as you forgot Apple ID or Apple ID password
When you forgot your Apple ID or password, we were worried about data loss besides resetting your Apple ID. Nowadays, you need a professional tool to recover lost data from your iPhone and iTunes backup. We recommend FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery because it offers powerful features as shown below.
Recover Lost Data from iDevices, iTunes Backup or iCloud Backup without Resetting Apple ID.
Extract iPhone Data to Computer in One Click.
Data preview according to recovery types.
Supports all iPhone and iPad models, including iPhone X / 8/8 Plus / 7/7 Plus.
Available for both Windows and Mac OS.
In short, FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery. best way to recover data on iPhone when you forgot Apple ID or password.
Reset Apple ID password via email or security questions
When you signed up for an Apple ID, you had to reset your recovery email or ask security questions. They are auxiliary tools to reset Apple ID password.
Type iforgot.Apple.com in the address bar and press Enter to open it.
When you see “Enter your Apple ID”, enter the email address you used to register your Apple account in this field.
Select the My Password option and click Next to go to the next page. Here you will see two options: “Receive Email” and “Answer Security Questions”. If you want to recover your Apple ID password using security questions, select the latter; otherwise, select the first option to get a link to reset your password in the backup email.
Reset Apple ID by deleting your existing Apple ID
The first way. easiest when you forgot your Apple ID account and related security questions to factory reset.
You will need a third party software, Apeaksoft iOS Unlocker. This is a professional Apple ID removal device if your old Apple ID cannot login due to wrong password or Apple ID cannot be unlocked due to security issue, trusted number, etc. You can have full control over your iOS device after removal Apple ID.
Remove Blocked Apple ID from iPhone iPad and iPod.
Wipe Screen Passcode to Login Locked iOS Device.
Recover and Erase Screen Time Limit Password.
Supports iPhone 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7, and more, running iOS 14/13, etc.
Now, let’s simplify the process of removing Apple ID on your iOS device.
Free download Apeaksoft iOS Unlocker by clicking on the download link below. It supports both Windows and Mac computer and you can use it however you like. Run this program after successful installation.
To open the window, you must click Remove Apple ID. Connect your iOS device where you want to reset Apple ID to computer.
Click the Start button and this program will start deleting your existing Apple ID from your iOS device.
Your iOS device will then be unlocked with your original Apple ID so you can reset your new account.
If Find My iPhone / iPad is enabled on your iOS device, you should reset all settings first.
Any iOS devices running iOS 11.4 or later need to turn off Find My iPhone / iPad.
Frequently asked questions about resetting Apple ID
Can I Remove Apple ID from Stolen iPhone Without Passcode?
To remove Apple ID from stolen iPhone, you need to use some professional tools like Apeaksoft iOS Unlock. It is a powerful Apple ID removal software to help you erase Apple ID and iCloud password. And it can unlock screen lock, Face ID, Touch ID, digital passcode on iPhone / iPad / iPod.
How to find my forgotten Apple ID email address?
You can go to “Settings” [your name] and then you will see your email address under your profile.
How to change Apple ID password on iPhone?
On your iPhone, open the Settings app, tap your iCloud account, and then tap Password & Security. Select the Change Password option. Then enter your current password and enter a new password. Confirm the new password and click “Change” or “Change password” to confirm the operation.
Use Apple Two-Factor Authentication if you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password.
Similar to 2-Step Verification, 2FA is another way to reset Apple ID.
Go to iforgot.Apple.com in your browser and enter your Apple ID. If you have configured two-factor authentication, you will get two options: “Reset from another device” and “Use a trusted phone number”.
Select the option that suits your conditions and click “Continue” to move on.
When you are prompted to trust your device, click Allow to begin resetting your Apple ID.
How to Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup When Forgot Apple ID
Switch to iTunes backup recovery mode
Connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable if you forgot your Apple ID. After installation, launch the iPhone data recovery program and open the “Recover from iTunes Backup File” tab on the left sidebar.
Open your iTunes backup
When the program recognizes your iPhone, all available iTunes backup files will appear in the list. Select the latest iTunes backup according to the latest backup date and click the “Start Scan” button to open the backup file.
Retrieve Lost Data from iPhone
Browse and select the iPhone files you want to recover in the details window and click the “Recover” button in the bottom right corner. Your iPhone data will be downloaded to your computer without resetting Apple ID.
5 Effective Methods to Reset Apple ID or Password
Posted by Jane Winston on September 30, 2020 01:32 PM
Forget your Apple ID or password. this is panic, right? This means that you are locked out of the App Store, iTunes, iCloud and cannot buy content on your iPhone. importantly, you cannot access your data in iCloud and iTunes backup. How do I reset Apple ID? The answer is a bit tricky because Apple has developed different methods to do this in different situations. In this guide, we will talk about these methods and help you reset Apple ID successfully. In addition, to avoid data loss, we also provide the easiest solution to recover data from your iPhone and iTunes backup if you forgot Apple ID or password.
- 1. Reset Apple ID by deleting existing Apple ID
- 2. Reset Forgotten Apple ID or Password on iPhone / iPad
- 3. Reset Apple ID password via email or security questions
- 4. Use Apple 2-Step Verification if you’ve forgotten your Apple ID password.
- 5. Use Apple Two-Factor Authentication if you’ve forgotten Apple ID passwords.
- 6. Recover lost data as soon as you forgot Apple ID or Apple ID password
- Frequently asked questions about resetting Apple ID
Reset Forgotten Apple ID or Password on iPhone / iPad
If you forgot your Apple ID or password, but could still access your iPhone or iPad, you can reset Apple ID on your iDevice directly.
Unlock your device and open the Settings app. Find iCloud in the list and click on the email address on the iCloud screen.
Click Forgot Apple ID or Password and you get two options. To reset your password, enter your Apple ID and click Next. The Forgot your Apple ID option is used to reset your Apple ID. You can make a decision based on your situation.
Apple will ask for some information to identify you as the owner and then send your Apple ID or password.