Does Not Connect To Samsung Tv
It is not possible to predict absolutely all the technical and software flaws of the console during its creation. Probably years would be spent on one test and we would not get the prefix in 2013, but, for example, in 2015 or even later. But even though after the purchase of PS4 problems may arise, we will try to solve them with a little blood.
Blue fire of death
Especially on the Playstation 4, problems with a constantly glowing blue indicator often occurred during the console’s release, that is, during the first sales. Now the probability of blue fire is minimal, but if this happens, the console does not display the image on the TV screen and constantly flashes blue.
Blue Screen of Death on PS4 (BLOD).
This can happen for the following reasons:
- Eating problems;
- Problems with the hard drive or with other hardware consoles.
Sony introduced the official list of actions that can help revitalize the console:
- Turn off the set-top box completely by touching the power button and holding your finger for about 7 seconds until the set-top box picks up twice.
- When all indicators turn off. Disconnect the power cable from the set-top box.
- Carefully check all cables, as well as the console box for external damage. You can also try connecting the console using other power cables and HDMI.
- Reboot the console.
If that doesn’t work, it’s time to check your hard drive:
- Turn off the console, disconnect the power cable and all other laces;
- Remove the housing cover, as shown in the picture (it slides sideways):
- Having removed the cover, it is necessary to check whether the hard drive is well fixed and whether it has external damage; it is fastened with just one bolt:
- When identifying fatal problems with the screw. It can be replaced by another (not thicker than 9.5 mm and not less than 160GB).
Another way to solve the problem. Reinstalling the operating system. To do this, enter Safe Mode:
- When the set-top box is off, hold down the power button for 7 seconds;
- There will be two signals. The first when you just touched, the second after 7 seconds;
- Connect the controller to the console via a USB cable and press the PS button;
- In the menu that appears, select 7 item. Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software).
Be careful. When reinstalling the system ALL data from the hard drive will be deleted, including all games, saves, screenshots, account information, etc. The system will be reinstalled from the prepared flash drive, onto which you must first record the necessary files.
If these methods do not work, then you should contact the service center and under warranty, replace the console with a working one.
Loud noise or red fire of death
If the PS4 is noisy, this means that the console temperature exceeds the permissible value and the cooler starts working at higher speeds. PS4 noise is usually caused by improper installation of the console, for example, if you put the console in some kind of bottleneck where there is no necessary air circulation. Some people may think that noise can be overcome if the Playstation 4 is taken for repair, but this is not so. You just need to install the console in a more spacious place, where there will be enough air for cooling.
You should not joke with overheating, because if you do not pay attention to the noise, then it is possible that the PS4 does not turn on due to the red bar due to the high temperature (red fire of death) Of course, it will not be able to burn. The alarm system will work and the prefix will simply turn off, but such “dancing” in any case, the console will not do any good, and sooner or later it may fail completely.
Error saving games
This problem can also occur if the console comes from early parties. This is not a technical marriage of PS4, but only software, so everything can be easily solved.
This trouble can be solved quite simply. Update the game and console firmware to the latest version. If this does not help, then the solution may suggest technical support PS4.
Problem with HDMI port
Some older Playstaion 4 models are factory defective. A small piece of metal is observed in the connector for the HDMI cable. If you apply force and try to push the cable into the connector, you can damage not only the connector for it, but also the cable itself.
However, PS4 repairs can be carried out at home. Just push the buLGing metal down and everything will be fine.
Some Sonya owners report that the console itself turns on and removes the disk from the drive. An unpleasant problem, which, however, is quite easy to solve. There are only three solutions, maybe one of the following methods will help you.
- Do rebuild consoles. When you turn on the PS4, you need to hold the power button for seven seconds (by entering Safe Mode) and then select the fifth item called “Rebuild database”.
- If it doesn’t help, go to the second point. Remove the PS application from your mobile devices, there is a theory that there is a glitch in it. Order the system to remove the disk from the drive.
- And the third option, which is likely to help. Set the console so that the distance between the bottom of the console and the surface on which it stands was slightly larger. You may have a touch-sensitive button that ejects the disc, which is too sensitive.
No sign of life when turned on
It didn’t help and even after these actions you don’t turn on the Sony Playstation 4? You can try to disconnect the power cable from the console, wait half an hour and try again.
But what if the PS4 doesn’t turn on anyway? The answer is one. Bring it to a service center and change it under warranty.
Problems connecting a flash drive
For some owners, PS4 does not see a flash drive. The first possible solution to this problem is to have the correct drive file system. Format your USB flash drive using standard Windows tools in the FAT32 format.
The second solution is associated with the improper use of a flash drive. At the moment, the drive can only be used to update software or to copy saves, screenshots ors. Sony promises to add other functions in future firmware.
PS4 does not connect to WiFi
The console does not see the network, disconnects during the download of something, or sees the network, but does not connect.
The solution is to properly configure your router, for example, you can set the channel to the ninth, if the default is “auto”.
The second option. Register DNS manually. 126.96.36.199, as well as 188.8.131.52.
The third solution. Restore the default settings of the router.
If even this does not help, you can simply connect not via Wi-Fi, but use a cable.
If there are not many complaints about the above problems, then there are a lot of complaints about the poor-quality stick material. After buying a PS4 from many users, the sticks wear out very quickly and the gamepad does not look very nice.
The solution is simple. Purchase special pads that eliminate this problem.
Let’s end on this, the main problems are indicated. I want to note that after reading this article you may have the wrong opinion that the Playstation 4 consists entirely of flaws. This is far from the case. Sony claims that in the very first batch of PS4, the marriage rate was only 0.4%, so the vast majority of users did not encounter any of the above troubles.
And the consoles of this company have long received a reputation for reliable devices that can work for years without any hassles.
As you can see, all problems can be solved, so you should not postpone the purchase, especially since the library of games is gradually filled with hits.
Finally, I want to add a couple mores.