Do-it-yourself Iphone Xs Max Display Replacement
For a long time we had to deal with a variety of situations in which customers need to repair iPhones. IPhone Screen Replacement. The most common reason for contacting a service center. However, there are users who, for various reasons, want to change the iPhone screen on their own. How to do this, how to choose the right screen, what mistakes are made by users and what may be the consequences. we will talk more about this in the article.
If you are not interested in it and there is no desire to change the screen yourself, but you need an iPhone screen replacement, contact our service center. Components are always available, any repair is carried out efficiently and promptly, we give an honest guarantee for all work.
What screens are there for iPhone?
Replacing the iPhone screen, in general, the procedure is quite simple. But it’s simple only for those who already have experience in disassembling iPhones and know all the subtleties and features of different models.
The first thing you need to know is how the iPhone screen works. From 2010 to the present, the iPhone screen has been a modular spare part, which consists of a protective glass, a touchscreen sensor and a display. The sensor cable and the display cable are also an integral part of the screen. You need to remember this and work with connecting and disconnecting the screen very carefully, because if the cable is damaged, as a rule, the display can be sent to the trash.
The second point is the selection of the screen to install. At the moment, the choice of spare parts for the iPhone in St. Petersburg is quite large. If we talk about screens for the iPhone, then there are three main categories of spare parts.
- Copies of different quality, differing in some characteristics, which we will talk about below in the text of the article. When choosing a screen, this is important, so we decided to highlight it in a separate paragraph.
- Class screen “Original”, where the display is original, and the top glass is a high-quality copy that is most consistent with the characteristics of the sensor, the density and thickness of the glass to the original.
- The original screen, shot from a new iPhone, or supplied directly by Apple.
What is the difference between different screens for iPhone?
Differences between different display modules from each other can be divided into two categories: hidden design features and things that are noticeable to the user when using the phone. We single out the main ones.
- First of all, screens may differ in the quality of the display and its backlight. Copies, as a rule, have a less bright backlight than the original matrix. Because of this, the color rendering of the display on the copy may differ markedly from the original. On very cheap copies, the distribution of backlighting may be uneven. Screens with an original display and, of course, original components such “features” do not possess.
- The touchscreen work is very important in the operation of an iPhone. The copies of the initial quality can have either a very high or, conversely, low sensitivity of the sensor response. In cases where the sensor is too sensitive, the installation of a protective glass may help. However, this is only a half measure, because in fact, such a touchscreen does not work as it should. Therefore, it is worth choosing screen copies of not the cheapest price category.
- From the point of view of materials, the quality of the plastic frame of the screen and the glue that is used to assemble the display module are very important. The stability of the screen to delamination directly depends on this (when the glass can peel off the module frame and move away from the housing). Build quality also affects the possible backlash of the screen, which will become noticeable after some time of operation of the phone.
Note that all the features and differences described above are characteristic of iPhone screen copies. As we said earlier, class parts “Original” in terms of build quality and materials, as well as its operational characteristics, they are as close as possible to the original components supplied by Apple.
It is worth mentioning that for iPhone X and all newer iPhones it is highly recommended not to put screen copies. This is due to the fact that in these models there is an algorithm for checking digital signatures of all installed components and components. And even if after installing the non-original screen on the iPhone X or iPhone XS it works, there are no guarantees that the phone will not turn into an iOS update “brick”. For these models, we offer replacement of the screen according to Apple service programs, or paid replacement of the iPhone with a new one.
How to replace the iPhone screen yourself?
Third, disassembling the iPhone itself. The process itself, at first glance, is quite simple. Remove the lower screws that secure the display module, carefully remove it and install a new one. But here is not so simple.
So, the process of replacing the screen on an iPhone can be described in a few sentences.
- Remove the screws that secure the screen at the lower charging connector.
- Gently raise the screen using a special suction cup.
- Disconnect the display and touchscreen cables, disable the Touch ID sensor cable.
- Disconnect the front camera and the upper loop.
- Take off the screen. Transfer to the new display module all the necessary elements from the old screen.
- Install a new screen. Profit! # 128578;
It would seem that everything is clear and using some instruction to change the screen on an iPhone yourself will not be a difficult task. However, we recommend that you pay attention to several important things.
- Raise and shoot the iPhone screen is extremely accurate. Particular attention should be paid to disabling the loop of the Touch ID sensor for those models on which it is. One awkward movement and it can be broken. As a result, an iPhone’s fingerprint will no longer be recognized.
- Also, you need to carefully work with all disconnected loops and connectors on the board. All loops are very thin and, without much experience, it is likely to break or damage them. The connectors on the board are very sensitive to strong mechanical stress. By damaging the display or touchscreen mount connector, you can get much more serious problems with the iPhone.
- Be mindful of the screws that will loosen and screw in place when replacing the iPhone screen. Please note that they have different lengths and thicknesses. If you mix them up and screw a long screw in place of a short one, you can severely damage the tracks or components on the board. In this case, the consequences can be even more serious, up to the complete inoperability of the device.
- Familiarize yourself with the attachment of peripheral components, the removal of which is necessary when replacing the screen on the iPhone. So, for example, in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s, the front camera is glued to the back of the display module and temperature is required to remove it. For iPhone X and newer models, the disassembly process is even more complicated, due to the design features of the component mount.
- Inspect the phone case. If the case is deformed, jammed or bent as a result of an impact or a fall, it will be very difficult or impossible to install a new screen. In such cases, you will need to disassemble the iPhone and align the case. Only after that it will be possible to put a new screen.
- Moisture protection. For those iPhone models that have dust and moisture protection installed, you will need to reinstall it each time you disassemble the device (unless, of course, you want it to be on your phone).
As you can see, there are many subtleties. And different iPhone models also have different features that you should definitely consider when disassembling and assembling the device. It is very difficult to describe them all within the framework of one material. over, if you compose such material, it could well be called an encyclopedia # 128578;
Replacing the iPhone screen in a service center
If you do not want to change the screen on your iPhone yourself, but want to do it as efficiently and quickly as possible, please contact our service center at the following address: St. Petersburg, Vosstaniya Street, 14.