Disaster Recovery Firmware Samsung Kies Code
It is possible to flash gadgets. especially expensive Samsung smartphones and tablets starting with the Galaxy line. in different ways, but it’s much safer to use Kies, a service that will help you flash and update your device on Android. This will be discussed.
Why and how are phones, smartphones and tablets flashed
Before you rush to the coveted firmware, familiarize yourself with the pros and cons of firmware and device updates.
What you need to know
Reasons for firmware devices:
- a huge number of pre-installed and standard applications that select performance resources, free disk space and battery energy;
- the desire to use the engineering menu and other hidden features of the device that are disabled by the manufacturer;
- the desire to sort through various official and “custom” firmware of the same platform;
- the desire to “hide” from tracking by the user information collection services;
- participation in the development and testing of third-party programs for mobile devices.
Disadvantages of self-firmware:
- loss of warranty;
- device failure (“bricking”), entailing software repair of the gadget in the service center exclusively at its own expense during the warranty period;
- errors when starting some applications;
- inoperative hardware unit or component in the device. for example, inadequate GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
- fast battery discharge (processes responsible for both discharge control at the Android level and others consuming more resources than necessary).
Rules that come in handy when flashing Android devices
- It is best to flash the device from a laptop, in which a working and fully charged battery.
- A flashed or updated smartphone or tablet should be fully charged, the battery should not be worn out.
- The firmware is most often carried out by cable. take care of its reliability.
- The USB ports on the PC must be functional and functional.
- A computer must have adequate speed and speed; dozens of applications should not be running on it. If modernization is required. change the processor and RAM modules.
- It is not allowed to flashing the PC on which viruses and adware operate. at any time they can undermine the performance, and the flashing process can stall or “fly off” in the most interesting place, in addition, viruses can “infect” the device.
- It is advisable to flash the device from a PC on which Windows has just been reinstalled and no software has been installed, except for the chipset drivers and the “flash driver”. The fact is that until the Windows registry is cluttered with application programs, the operating system works like a flawlessly cleaned and oiled mechanism.
- Drivers for Samsung devices are needed. they are on the company’s offsite. Without them, the firmware from the PC will not succeed.
How to flash and update Samsung gadgets through Kies service
Before starting the firmware via Kies, check the following.
- Anti-Viruses and Firewall software are disabled, or better, removed or not yet installed.
- The Kies version is the latest.
- The smartphone or tablet is connected directly to the USB port. and not via devices like USB-Hub.
- You have a fast and stable Internet channel. that is, there are no permanent disconnects.
It is important to remember the following:
- with firmware both through Kies and through the Odin program, your guarantee will survive. the Odin application was originally created by Samsung developers;
- in case of opening Root access on the gadget and the subsequent Unroot procedure (cancellation of Root privileges) feel free to contact the service center in case of problems;
- if you first installed a “custom” version of Android through Odin. and then returned the licensed one using Kies, and even waited for the next Android update and updated the Kies firmware again, the warranty will remain.
Android firmware update for Samsung Kies
The action plan is as follows.
- Connect the gadget to the computer, launch the Kies application. It will inform you that an update has been released and will offer to download it.
Mobile device firmware successfully completed. The standard and pre-installed Android applications and components, officially delivered for Samsung smartphones and tablets, will be in place. There will only be Android contacts and bookmarks.
Disaster recovery. how to use the functionality
If the Android version fails to update, Kies has an emergency firmware recovery tool in store for this.
- Launch Kies and go to the Android software update tab on your gadget. All actions are performed on the PC.
What to do if the program does not detect your gadget
Below are the reasons for the absence of a connected Samsung smartphone or tablet in the Samsung Kies program.
- Samsung USB cable is damaged. Reconnect the wires that are broken. Replace cable if insulation is broken. Fake cables made with violations of manufacturing technologies often fail. a sign is the manufacturer’s saving both on the conductor (copper) and on the insulation. If an additional USB extension cable is used (the gadget is far from the PC). also check its serviceability. The total length of USB cables should not exceed 3 m.
- The USB port in the computer is faulty. Connect the device to another port. The cause of the USB port malfunction, in turn, may be: contamination of current-carrying contacts, violation of their “springiness” (they bent from constant, frequent use for several years); careless handling of the USB connector itself, frequent power short circuits (/.5V) due to a violation of the outer sheath of the cable or insulation of the wires themselves, which disabled the USB controller in the PC; port not connected to the motherboard during the last repair of a laptop or PC system unit. USB software violations can be: damage to Windows system files, drivers for the PC and Samsung chipset or incorrect installation, virus infection of the Windows system, installation of unverified programs, frequent installation of new programs. Check it all out!
- You are using a Samsung gadget that you just “killed” with interrupted firmware or an unsuccessful Android update. Contact the Samsung service, Android Shop or a similar SC.
- Outdated version of Kies. Update the application.
- USB drivers and Samsung devices are not installed. You prematurely installed the Kies application, forgetting the main thing, without which it is impossible to control your Samsung smartphone or tablet. Remove Kies. Understand the drivers first, then reinstall Kies.
- The microUSB port on the device itself does not work. Clean it from dust and grains in the connector. If this does not help, contact a service center. The worst alternative is updating the Android version without a USB cable. installing a new version of Android via a memory card, downloading the update via Bluetooth or a local Wi-Fi network, downloading from the Internet directly, without a PC and Kies program. But not all of these methods may work. for example, installing from an SD card requires the ClockWorkMod Recovery software console on the device. To tinker with.
- If the drivers are installed, everything is working fine and should work, and Kies is “wise”. try the alternative Odin application.
- On your smartphone or tablet, debugging mode is enabled. Give the command: “Settings. Applications. Development. USB Debugging”, turn off the debugging function. This feature, designed for developers and testers of Android applications, may interfere with Kies tablet detection.
Other features of Kies
The Kies application toolkit is the same as the similar “harvesters” of leading world manufacturers (Nokia PC Suite, iTunes and the like) and includes the following functions:
Wi-Fi device and computer pairing
Follow these steps to establish a Wi-Fi network connection. The version of Windows 7 is taken as an example.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center.
Congratulations! Wi-Fi connection is established. Its bandwidth. 11-150 Mbps. is more than enough for file sharing and synchronization of your personal data. With this speed, only the “brownie” (wired) Internet can compete. USB speed, of course, is greater, and it’s easier to use it. but “wireless” will free you from the USB cable, and the coverage area will be throughout the apartment.
The Kies application needs high PC performance and speed. freezing is guaranteed with only 4 GB of RAM and a processor with 4 cores, the frequency of which is 2 GHz. Such a computer is not cheap. The program takes at least 500 MB of disk space. Screen resolution. at least 1024768, otherwise the windows will “fall out” of the screen. Vindows 7 is recommended. with Windows XP, the Kies application will also work, but there may be errors at the level of system DLLs that will not appear in XP.
Samsung Kies also works with iTunes libraries and syncs with Windows Media Player. There is support for file sharing and Internet access via Bluetooth, work with AlLShare service, DLNA support. If not for resource gluttony, it reliably won the hearts of almost all people who prefer Samsung smartphones and tablets.
Samsung Kies, despite the apparent difficulties, is a rather feature-rich application for Samsung gadgets. It will serve as a worthy replacement for the Odin application. this is actually a peculiar Samsung Mobile PC Suite “out of the box”. Enjoy your work!