If you think what to choose. The built-in SmartTV system or an external “smart” set-top box, then give preference to the latter option. Why?
The fact is that this gadget, namely the digital set-top box, has a wider range of functions and settings. The Smart TV set-top box will allow you to watch online movies and TV shows, surf the Internet, chat on Skype and social networks, play your favorite games. All from the screen of your TV. And now, the purchase is complete. Now it remains to configure. How to quickly set up Internet access on a TV set-top box? Read below.
Modern models of TV set-top boxes are compact multifunctional devices that can turn a regular TV into a convenient gadget for use. Purchase Smart tv box easily replace a satellite dish. In this article, we consider what is necessary to connect to the network and what sequence of actions.
Connect android consoles via Wi-Fi
Wireless technology has so tightly entered our lives that now in almost every apartment you can find a Wi-Fi router. It is with the help of this device that it is most convenient to connect the Smart TV set-top box to the Internet. To do this, follow a simple procedure:
- After connecting the device to the TV, go to the TV Box settings menu using the mouse or remote control;
- Find the “Wi-Fi” menu item. By default, this feature is disabled. To enable it, drag the slider to the active mode.
- After a few seconds of searching, the device displays a list of available wireless networks. In this list, select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password that was set when creating your Wi-Fi access point and press the confirmation button.
- If your router is configured correctly, connecting to the access point will take a matter of seconds.
What is the advantage of this method? Connecting your Android set-top box to the Internet via Wi-Fi will allow you to place your TV in any corner of your house or apartment, within the reach of the router signal. So you will not be tied to the length of the cable. The main advantage is to connect other gadgets in parallel with the TV.
Connecting a set-top box via an Internet cable
Another way to connect android tv box to a global network is the use of an Ethernet cable.
- Locate the RJ-45 type connector (marked on the figure) on the TV-box housing and connect the cable to it;
- Go to the menu and activate the slider opposite the “Ethernet” item.
- After a few seconds of auto-tuning, the Internet connection in most cases is established automatically;
- If the connection is not successful, configure it manually. To do this, in Ethernet, enter the same settings that you use when connecting your computer to the World Wide Web. The only difference is in the IP address input field, add or subtract one from the last digit.
This method of connection allows the console to maximize the capabilities of the Internet cable, without sharing the speed of information transfer between several devices. However, in practice, this type of connection is less convenient than wireless. And all because you have to allocate a separate line for connecting an Android TV set-top box or constantly switch the cable between several devices. Therefore, for greater convenience, it is worth taking care of buying a router in advance.
Turn your TV into a multimedia entertainment center and enjoy all the advantages of modern TV-boxes.
Usually, in order to receive digital TV, a set-top box is required (it is also a receiver, decoder, digital tuner). But in some cases, the TV will show the “figure” without it. Let’s try to figure out what to do in cases where you can watch digital television without a console.
In what cases is the prefix mandatory
Digital TV broadcasting is carried out within the framework of certain standards. And in those situations when the reception occurs, you need to keep in mind the following abbreviations:
- DVB-T2 is the second generation European broadcasting standard. It is in it that all Russian repeaters work;
- DVB-C and DVB-C2 are cable broadcasting standards;
- DVB-S and DVB-S2 are satellite broadcast formats.
In what cases is the prefix not needed
In the era of the Internet and modern communication equipment, there are options for connecting digital television without a console. Consider all 4 of these methods.
|Subscription fee, rub.||Number of channels||What do i need|
|Broadcast TV||0||20-30||Digital TV with DVB-T2 support, UHF antenna|
|Cable TV||from 250||50-150||DVB-C Digital TV|
|IPTV on the computer||from 0 to 1000||No limits||High-speed Internet access (from 15 Mbps), PC|
|Smart tv||from 0 to 1000||No limits||High-speed Internet access (from 15 Mbps), Smart-TV|
Broadcast TV on Digital TV
Perhaps the easiest way to connect a TV. If the TV supports DVB-T2 reception due to the built-in tuner, then the connection procedure is as follows:
- A UHF antenna is installed, oriented in the direction of the nearest repeater and connected to the TV;
- The TV receiver switches to setup mode (usually using the “Menu” button on the remote control);
- The channels are automatically or manually tuned.
No monthly fee.
Perhaps the appearance of “radio shadow” from the hills, mountains, dense forests or capital buildings.
There are places where the signal does not reach.
The difference between cable and terrestrial digital television broadcasts is that the signal is transmitted directly to the cable that connects to the TV.
In order to connect cable broadcasting without a console, you must have the following equipment:
- A TV receiver capable of receiving a signal of appropriate quality. Considering that even in Europe both the outdated DVB-C broadcast standard and the new DVB-C2 operate simultaneously, this is an extremely non-trivial task. Here you need to contact the provider, specifying the reception parameters.
- Cable connection from the switchboard at the entrance of an apartment building.
To connect digital television via cable, the following steps must be taken:
- Conclude an agreement with a provider serving a particular house.
- Carry a cable into your apartment and get a smart card from the operator and connect it all to the corresponding inputs of the TV receiver.
- Set up the TV to receive. Here you may need information about the technical conditions for signal transmission via cable (standard, frequency, etc.). You can get them from the cable operator on the official website or in the office. You can tune the TV to digital channels without a set-top box in both automatic and manual mode.
50. 150 channels.
The signal is received wherever the provider extended the line.
High signal quality independent of environmental conditions.
The number of received channels depends on the provider.
Subscription fee of 250 rubles / month or more.
IPTV on the computer
Television over the Internet Protocol. Not to be confused with online viewing. The most modern and optimal way of watching TV in terms of quality and capabilities.
In order to connect IPTV, you must do the following:
Only the Internet and no other intermediaries are needed.
Internet access required.
The quality of reception depends on the data transfer speed that the Internet provider provides.
Smart TV is a television receiver, originally adapted to access the Internet and view network content. Smart TV is used as a receiver for Internet television, however, some models may also receive additional “digital” or cable broadcasting.
There are two ways to connect Smart TV:
- Using a LAN cable. The convenience here is that after connecting the TV itself recognizes the new connection. Additionally, you do not need to configure anything.
- Over wifi. The method is convenient in that you do not need to buy extra meters of cable and lay it around the apartment. In addition, in this case, the TV can be moved to a new place at any time.
To connect, you must have:
- Smart TV
- Internet access (via cable, Wi-Fi router, etc.).
The connection procedure looks like this:
- When using a cable, one end must be connected to the Ethernet-connector of the TV, and the other end. To the router or modem. After that, you need to wait until recognition occurs, and Internet access appears.
- When using Wi-Fi, you need to connect an adapter (if there is no built-in).
- Through the “Settings”, you need to start the process of searching for available Wi-Fi connections and select your own there (in apartments Wi-Fi from neighbors is often caught).
- After selecting, you need to enter a password for access. The connection will be recognized.
- At the end, you need to configure the selection.
Smart TVs require additional online account registration. Here you will need to specify a username, password, as well as an existing email address.
Many free applications (YouTube, IVI, etc.).
Access to lots ofs, movies, music, etc.
We need high-quality and fast Internet access.