Connect Playstation 4 To Laptop
The Sony PlayStation 4 game console is leading the market today. If you decide to purchase it, then you probably will not lose. But you also need a TV, so that there is something to connect the console to. But unnecessary expenses can be eliminated, because the PS4 can be connected to a laptop and a regular monitor.
Connect your PS4 to a laptop or monitor using an HDMI cable
A standard HDMI cable for connecting to a TV is already available on the PS4. Many monitors allow it to be connected, but this can not always be said about laptops. The fact is that even if the laptop has an HDMI connector, it is usually configured to output the image, not its reception.
But if the device is equipped with HDMI-in, then just follow these steps:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the corresponding connector on the back of the PS4.
To understand whether the HDMI connector accepts a signal, you should familiarize yourself with the specification of the equipment on the official website or in the documentation.
Connecting a monitor is the same. It is worth noting that it can output sound if it has built-in speakers. Otherwise, you will also need to connect the audio device directly to the console. In addition, the monitor may have a VGA connector, instead of HDMI.
In this case, do the following:
- Connect the VGA / HDMI adapter to the monitor.
Connect to a laptop or computer via Remote Play
If you cannot connect the PS4 via HDMI, you can use the program to transfer the image. In this case, you will get a high-quality picture, but it will be broadcast with a slight delay. This can be a problem when playing dynamic games. To set up a remote play broadcast, do the following:
- Download and install the PS4 Remote Play program on your computer. You can easily find it on the Web. The program is free.
- Launch the app. The initial program settings window will open in it.
- Log in using your account. If there is no account, then you must create it.
Connecting a gamepad from a PS4 to a computer
You can use the controller from Playstation 4, even if you play it on a monitor or laptop. To do this, do the following:
- Install the Input Mapper program and run it. Choose a wireless connection method (you can also use a wired one, then further settings are not required).
- Hold the back (share) button on the controller until it starts flashing.
- Go to the computer’s Bluetooth connections section and select a gamepad.
With this connection method, all the features of the gamepad will work, including tracking the position of the controller and vibration.
Possible connection problems
Sometimes the connection cannot be established, even if you do everything according to the instructions. Usually one of the following reasons is the fault:
- The HDMI connector is aimed only at the output. In most laptops this connector can not receive a signal. In this case, the image will not go to the laptop;
- The image via Remote Play slows down or ripples. A computer or laptop cannot handle image processing. In this case, it is worth using a more powerful hardware;
- No sound. HDMI cable does not transmit it. Use other methods of outputting sound from the console, for example, headphones.
If you have a good monitor, you can have a lot of fun playing it on the Playstation 4. Convenience and entertainment can enhance immersion and provide a richer gaming experience. And with the help of this article you can easily connect the console to a monitor or laptop.