Users often need to connect the gadget to a laptop or other similar device. They do this in order to transfer data from one device to another. The traditional way to connect is with a cable.
However, this method is not always available and convenient. If, for example, the wire is faulty, then it will not work. You can solve the problem if you connect via Wi-Fi. Below are ways to do this.
We offer you to immediately watch a review of the ways that will help to connect your smartphone and PC:
- Through conductor
- Through My FTP Server
- Using SHAREit
- Via the AirDroid app
- Possible problems and solutions
- Router settings
- Computer settings
ES Explorer is a file manager that provides control over the folders of a smartphone, as well as one of the ways to connect your phone to a computer via WI-FI. To make the connection, perform the following manipulations:
- The application is downloaded to the Play Market. This procedure is free of charge;
- The application is launched and connected to the WI-FI with which the computer is connected;
- Call the menu located on the left side of the device, go to the “Network” subsection;
- Select the column “Remote access”;
- Under the “Status” button, an inscription with the network name should appear;
- Select the “Enable” mode;
- The address that is saved and entered in the appropriate window on the computer is displayed.
When all these procedures are completed, they proceed to work on the computer. To connect to the phone, proceed as follows:
- Go to the sub-item “My computer”;
- The address of the conductor is driven into the corresponding line;
- A directory of phone files opens, allowing you to perform all the necessary manipulations.
Through My FTP Server
My FTP Server is another way to connect your laptop to your gadget wirelessly. To do this, first of all, the application is installed on a tablet or phone. After that, perform the following actions:
- Run the program and enter the settings;
- Enter the account username and password;
- The entered information is saved.
On the main panel of the program, click on the “Start Server” button. After that, the corresponding window lights up in green and instead of the inscription “off” the inscription “on” appears.
Next, configure a laptop or computer:
- Log in to the My Computer subsection.
- Using the manipulator button located on the right side, click on a free field and go to the tab “Add a new element to the network environment”;
- A new window appears and click on the “Next” button;
- Copy the network address from the program and paste into the appropriate line;
- Enter the username and password in the fields, then drive the address;
- Click on the “Next” window.
After that, the My Computer menu appears, in which the new item is located.
It is opened and the username and password are entered in the appropriate windows. So you got access to the gadget files.
This is the easiest way to wirelessly connect a computer or laptop with a gadget. First of all, you need to install the SHAREit program on the computer. The application is recommended to be downloaded from the official site. The same program is installed on a tablet or phone. After that, proceed as follows:
- Run applications on both devices;
- Go to the program menu on the phone and click on the words “Connect to PC”;
- On the radar they find the name of their device and click on it;
- Confirm the connection.
After that, they get access to the gadget files from a computer or laptop.
Via the AirDroid app
To connect a PC and a smartphone and from a computer to access the folders of the gadget with the Android OS, download the AirDroid program on Google Play. After that, perform the following steps:
- Launch the application;
- Copy the address for the computer;
- The address is entered into the browser and confirm the connection with the gadget.
For a connection between an Android device and a computer or laptop to be successful, it is important that the phone is connected to the same network as the PC. Only this will allow you to establish a connection without wires.
There is nothing complicated in how to connect Wi-Fi on a smartphone via a router:
- Go to the “Settings”;
- Select the item “Wi-Fi”;
- We are connected to our router.
Possible problems and solutions
It is not always possible to access gadget folders from a computer using WI-FI. The reasons for this may be as follows.
Usually, the lack of connection is explained by the fact that in the router settings, a mode is set in which the devices are connected to the local network, but there is no connection between them. The following actions will help to solve problems:
- Enter the router settings menu;
- Go to the subsection “Home Network”;
- Select the sub-item “WI-FI Settings”;
- Put an icon opposite the inscription: “Enable isolation of the access point.”
If the connection is made, but no other devices appear in the explorer menu on the phone, then the problem is with the computer. Solving it will help change certain parameters. To do this, perform the following manipulations:
- In the menu of Windows 7 or another version, select the subsection “Networks”;
- Go to the sub-item “Advanced sharing options”;
- Activate network discovery and access to files and devices;
- Deactivate the password when connecting to shared files;
- Select the column “Properties”;
- Click on the button “Advanced Settings”;
- Put a checkmark in front of the inscription: “Open shared folder”;
- Once again scan network devices in the Explorer menu: “Network. LAN”.
Knowing how to connect a telephone and a computer to a router, you can get access to the Internet. To have access to the gadget’s folders from the laptop, you can connect devices via WI-FI using applications.
For people who can’t stand the clutter of the workplace with wires, and therefore strongly prefer a wireless mouse and keyboard, today we’ll open a way to connect your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi so that you can exchange files between devices.
Transfer files between PC and Android
We will consider this scheme on Android devices. For example, in order to connect a smartphone to a laptop via Wi-Fi, you need to make sure that both devices are connected to the same wireless network, for example, to one router.
Then we recommend using the ES Explorer file manager, which has many useful functions, including the ability to connect your smartphone to a computer via Wi-Fi.
This application is free to download from the Play Market.
How to connect
- Connect to the router that the computer is connected to.
- Run the program “ES Explorer”.
- In the main menu of the application, swipe from left to right so that an additional menu appears.
- Select the Network section.
- Now you need to click on “Remote Access”.
- If you completed all the previous steps correctly, a window with the “Enable” button should appear, click on it.
- After that, you will see the address where you can enter from the PC into the file system of the phone.
With Android done, go to the computer.
- Open Explorer or open the shortcut on the My Computer desktop.
- In the window, enter the address that is displayed on the phone in the address bar (located at the top of the window) up to the symbol. Then press the [Enter] button on the keyboard. The folders containing the files that are on the phone are displayed. Among the features will be available: reading, transferring, copying, moving, deleting, renaming files directly from a PC.
Using Total Commander
The connection on the phone is done exactly as we described above.
After all settings are completed on Android, go to the PC.
- On your keyboard, simultaneously press the [Сtrl] [F] buttons to call up the settings window for FTP connection and click “Add”.
- In the column “Connection Name”, write any name. This will be called the device to which the phone is connected to the computer.
- In the next column. “Server”. You need to write the address that the phone issued (only one number), for example, 192.168.1.15:3721.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- After the actions are completed, you will see a line with the address you specified in the window.
- Mark it by clicking on it once with the left mouse button.
- Click Connect.
- A window appears asking for “Username”. Enter any word into it (what to enter does not matter), confirm the entry with the OK button.
- Next, the device will ask for a password. You can enter just “1” (without quotes). Select “OK.”
- After all the actions, you will see a list of folders and files from the mobile device. File actions are the same as when connected via USB.
How to connect Android to a computer via Wi-Fi
I have extensive experience in configuring and connecting access control systems (ACS) and time tracking systems. And also I’m setting up servers, computers, workstations.
I work as an engineer at the Techno-Discovery company.
We recommend reading:
- How to connect your mobile phone to the TV via Wi-Fi
- How to connect a mobile phone to a computer via Bluetooth
- How to connect Android via Wi-Fi network to a computer
- How to connect Android to a laptop via Wi-Fi and vice versa
Share the material in social networks:
Failed to connect via total commander
Hello. If you want to connect a smartphone (tablet) to a computer for data transfer via WiFi, then it is better to do this using the AirDroid application (http://bezprovodoff.com/wi-fi/dopolnitelno/peredacha-fajlov.html). The article describes different ways, but the option with using the AirDroid application is right for you. This program allows you to not only transfer files from a tablet (smartphone) to a PC and vice versa, but also manage your mobile device. Send SMS, watch and edit the phone book, and much more. In this case, on the PC you will see the battery status, the amount of free memory, and so on. It is worth noting that this application work over the Internet. If you only need to transfer files and at the same time there is only a local (home network without Internet access), then FTP-server application is better for such purposes. This application shares the specified folders on the mobile device and makes them available on the computer.
The microSD card installed in the smartphone is not visible in the explorer on the computer. How to see her and go to her?
Hello. Please clarify your situation. Does the phone itself see the card? As I understand it, you connect the phone to the computer and the card does not appear. Did you try to connect your microSD card to the computer directly through the card reader?
For user: just using MyPhoneExplorer. Without this garbage curve, plus there is still synchronization of the telbook, organizer and SMS if necessary. All that is written above is called. Through zad-tsu, i.E. Together with es conductor haemorrhage.