Computer Does Not See Video On iPhone
At the initial stage of operation of the Apple iPhone, users have many questions related to the implementation of elementary procedures. How to install the game? How to download music files to iPhone? What is scrubbing? Why photos from iPhone are not transferred to the computer? It is the last question that we will try to answer today.
Your OS recognizes the iPhone in the same way as a digital camera and can copy images from it just like from a memory card.
- And this is done on Mac: we connect the iPhone to the computer, open iPhoto. As soon as the program sees the attached iPhone, it will switch to Import mode. Select the “Delete photos after importing” option if you want to clear the iPhone camera phone memory after copying.
- Windows is a little different. After connecting the iPhone, a dialog box appears that offers all kinds of programs with which you can access the phone. This list should include some kind of photo managers (Picasa, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, etc.) or, at worst, a built-in Windows image manager (“Scanner and Camera Wizard” in Windows XP, “using Windows” in Vista). We choose the program you like. You can also check the box opposite. “Always use this program for this action”, Thus, you do not have to choose the right program every time, this action will occur automatically.
If you still cannot import photos to your computer or your computer does not recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch as a camera, follow these steps:
Check for iCloud Media Library or My Photo Stream
If you turned on iCloud Media Library on your Mac and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your photos may already be on your computer. Follow these steps to check for photos in macOS for Photos. You can also go to the iCloud.com website and open the Photos program to view the entire library and select photos to import. If you haven’t enabled iCloud Media Library, try using My Photo Stream to access photos on your computer.
If you are not using iCloud Media Library or the My Photo Stream feature, try the following:
- Check the connections and update the software.
- Try importing photos using a different Apple USB cable.
- If import still fails, update the software.
- Download the latest version of iTunes.
- Please try to import the photos again.
Try importing a new photo.
- Take a new photo or save a screenshot on your iOS device while pressing the Home and Sleep / Wake buttons.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Try importing photos using photo management software. Or try the following on your computer.
- On a Mac, open the Image Capture program from the Programs folder.
- On your PC, go to the Microsoft website to find out how photos are imported in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7. If your computer does not recognize your device, make sure that it has trusted status on the device.
Try using a different computer
If the camera does not appear in the device manager, check the health of your iOS device by connecting it to another computer. If the iOS device is recognized as a camera on another computer, contact Microsoft or another Windows support service on your computer for help.
Apple iOS 7 does not trust my computer. Problems transferring photos from iPhone
There is a cruel way if all attempts to enter a password are exhausted and there is no computer that your iphone “trusts”.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that comes with the standard kit.
- Among all devices, the Apple iPhone will appear, a personal computer recognizes it as a digital camera.
- To access the Lockdown folder, run the Finder program on Mac OS. On other operating systems, the trust window on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch is also cleared by clearing the Lockdown folder on the computer.
- After “trust” on the computer, itunes sees the iPhone.
- You must wait for the computer to detect the digital camera. Then you need to go into the device, select the photos, copy them to the clipboard and move them to a folder on the computer. Using iTunes, you can transfer to your computer not only photos, but also music, ringtones,s and much more. First you need to connect the iPhone with a USD cable to the computer. When the computer announces that the new device is located, you should open iTunes.
- If email is configured on the iPhone, photos can be transferred via e-mail, and then transferred to a computer. You can transfer photos without connecting a USB cable to the computer, it is easy to do this through the shared folder of the Yandex.Disk cloud service.