Computer Does Not See Headphones With Microphone
The most common reason why your computer does not see the headphones is because the driver (utility) is not configured, or the driver is missing or outdated.
I will explain by the example of a fairly common utility Realtek (which nowadays is common for everyone) and Windows 8. (On Windows 7 or 10, the setup and installation are similar).
Why the computer does not see the headphones. a quick fix:
- The computer does not see the headphones. driver settings (Realtek);
- If the PC still does not see the headphones, install / update the driver using DriverPack Solution;
- Manual search and installation of drivers for the computer, if you do not want to install DriverPack Solution [VIDEO];
1. The computer does not see the headphones. driver settings
If the computer does not see the headphones, most often, this is solved in the Realtek utility, as follows. You can find it in the lower right corner (where there is sound, clock, etc.) in the form of a brown speaker. We go into it. If you do not have it, then immediately go to point 2.
In Realtek utility you need:
1. Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
2. Disable front panel slot detection
This is done so that the audio stream goes simultaneously to all input devices, and not just to the speakers. The same applies to the microphone from the headphones (if it is connected via a separate plug).
After these actions, the computer most often begins to recognize the headphones. If the PC still does not see the headphones, then go to step 2 and install (update the driver).
2. If the PC does not see the headphones. install / update drivers
If the PC does not see the headphones, after we determined that there are no drivers (utilities), they need to be downloaded (updated) and installed.
- Install the DriverPack Solution program. it will automatically find and install the necessary and correct drivers for sound (headphone driver), under your PC. The program is especially useful for those who do not understand the topic of drivers.
- After installing the driver, restart the PC.
- Headphones when connected to a computer should work.
DriverPack Solution is:
- The fastest way to install the necessary drivers, which you will spend 5 minutes;
- The program is tested, it’s safe. I sometimes use it myself (this is not an advertisement, although I would gladly advertise it # 128578; );
- It downloads other important drivers (optional) and has many useful programs;
At the very beginning, select “expert mode”
3. Manual search and installation of drivers. if the computer does not see (does not recognize) the headphones
You need to rummage around in the drawers of the table and find a disk with installation drivers, that came with your computer (motherboard). It has all the necessary drivers, including a sound card. The installation is typical and usually does not cause any problems. This method is much simpler and faster.
After a reboot, the PC will begin to recognize the headphones stuck in the connector, both in the front and rear panels. If the little driver disco disappeared without a trace, without a hint of return, but move on. # 128578;
- To determine the need device Manager.
- Start. My computer (right click). Properties. Device Manager.
- In it we need to go to the “Sound Devices” section or “Audio Outputs. Audio Inputs” and find the name of your sound card.
- In my case it is Realtek High Definition Audio.