Cast From Computer To TV
Modern technologies allow us to improve our everyday life. Electronic devices have simplified our lives so much that it is almost impossible to imagine a day spent without electronic devices. However, we often miss most of the capabilities of our technology.
What does connecting a laptop (PC) to a television set give?
When connected to a monitor, the user opens up opportunities such as watching a movie on the big screen. This is especially important if you are going to a large company. Your friends will be grateful to you for this opportunity. However, this is not all.
In addition to watching movies, you can arrange a presentation, a slide show, if you have a good camera on your TV, you can communicate via video. At the same time, the computer allows you to continue to work, while the video will be projected on the TV screen.
This feature allows you to connect to a TV screen without the need for a wireless router or cable.
How to duplicate in various ways?
Let’s figure out how to project an image from a laptop or PC in various ways.
- Your TV must support MiraCast technology (it must be either an integrated module or a Wi-Fi adapter).
- Both the TV and the computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi router.
- You need to install the application on your computer in order to duplicate the screen from your monitor, not the TV. There are a lot of such applications. For each individual adapter, certain applications are provided.
EZ Cast is a universal application that is suitable for many models and adapters.
- In order to download this application we need to go to the site, select Download and select the application for your operating system.
- After downloading and running the application, you can see the main program window.
- In order to add the desired TV, you need to press the SEARCH DEVICE button.
- After scanning, select the desired TV and click on the connect button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now you need to go back and click on the Mirror button.
- Another menu line will be presented in front of you, and you will select Mirror again, after which you will be prompted to change the screen resolution so that the television picture is even, since the television resolution of the TV is different from the resolution of the computer.
- Click on the Yes button.
- After that, you can continue viewing on the TV screen, as it will broadcast the computer signal to your screen.
The second monitor allows you to view multiple videos at the same time, as well as bring the video or game to the background, while continuing to work on the computer. This function is very convenient especially if the user has only one device and several people who are just waiting for the moment to take the device and go about their business.
An additional monitor allows you to share your needs. There are two categories of transferring pictures to a TV:
- Connection using available interfaces: HDMI, DVI, VGA. And cables.
- Wireless (using Wi-Fi network, DLNA, etc.).
How to transfer a picture via an HDMI cable?
You will need this type of connection to the TV if your TV or PC is an old model and cannot connect via the network.
- There is a connector on the back (or side) of the TV. This is where one of the ends of the cable is inserted.
- The other end is connected to the system unit of the computer.
- Find and open the TV menu.
- As the source, select HDMI.
- Adjust the resolution settings when displaying on a large screen.
How to project through the S-Video interface?
One of the earliest connectors used. It is available in almost every device. The S-Video interface provides better color and contrast than its other modern counterparts. Also, S-Video does not require adapters, so the connection will be faster and more understandable for implementation.
- We connect the computer and the TV with the S-Video. S-Video cable.
- First, the computer turns on, and then the TV.
- We configure the video card.
To do this, turn on the search and scroll through the frequencies until we stumble upon the computer desktop.
You can enter an image through this interface for those who have an old technique. Almost all equipment includes this interface in its resources. VGA has a standard connector. You must have a VGA cable to connect, also your equipment should support this interface and have the right connector. If all of the above problems with the installation should not occur.
- Insert wire plugs into each connector.
- Turn on the PC and TV.
- As the main signal source, select the VGA interface.
- On Windows, configure the connection and configure the resolution.
Video: Cast From Computer To TV
Before connecting the TV to the PC using the VGA interface, you need to configure the operating system accordingly:
- On the free space on the desktop, click RMB.
- From the context menu, select the “Screen Resolution” section.
- Open the Screen menu.
- Select one of the available image translation modes.
- Save your changes.
Wireless network output
It is a more convenient, fast and modern method of connecting to a TV.
It is a set of standards that allows you to transfer various media content to compatible devices over your home network.
This is a technology for combining digital devices into a single network. That is, by connecting the computer and the TV through this network, you will be able to transfer content to the TV from internal folders stored on the computer. To connect the TV to the computer using DLNA technology, you must do the following:
- Connect the TV to the router.
- On the Computer Control Panel, go to the “Network and Internet” section to set the value of the home (or private) network.
- Open the section for viewing connected TV devices.
- Finally, right-click on the PC file to display the context menu. From the pop-up window, select the line “Play to”.
How to broadcast video using Miracast technology?
It is a technology that allows you to turn your TV into a wireless screen of a personal computer. One of the most pleasant features is that the technology does not matter which video stream to broadcast. You can transfer video encoded by any codecs, packaged in any format, even write-protected.
It should be noted that not all devices support Miracast. For full-fledged work, you need a technique that runs on Intel processors.
- On the TV, you need to activate the Miracast (WiDi) setting. If there is no such function, you just need to turn on Wi-Fi. Samsung products have a special “Mirror” button.
- Next, run the Charms computer program.
- They select the “Devices” button, then. “Projector”. The latter may be labeled “Transfer to Screen”.
- If Miracast is supported by the PC, the “Add Wireless Display” prompt appears. The user can only agree.
How to switch the screen via Wi-Fi?
Consider how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi to broadcast a screen so that you can use it as a laptop monitor, what kind of programs you need to transfer the image. For this more common way to connect to a TV, in addition to having a Wi-Fi module, the TV itself must also be connected to the same network as the computer on which the video and other materials are stored.
Just connect to the network created by the TV itself. Connection is made from the corresponding menu of your TV. Thus, that and the Wi-Fi connection of any other device.
Instructions for connecting:
- Activate wireless synchronization technology on TV. Miracast or WiDi. On Samsung TVs, this feature will be called Screen Mirroring.
- Pre-download Intel Wirelles Display software on your computer. This will connect the technology via WiDi.
- Find the “Wireless Monitor” command. During the connection, a security check will be carried out, you need to enter the code that appears on the TV screen.
It is known that all Apple products have an AirPlay function that allows you to display the screen of your device on Apple TV. But there is no such function on the PC, however there is an AirParrot application that allows you to do the same.
- Go to the site.
- Click on Try AirParrot.
- Select Windows OS and select your bit system.
- Click on Download.
- On the highlighted window, click save.
- After downloading, go to the program and select the free version (Try AirParrot).
Broadcast Windows desktop to TV via Wi-Fi
- Connect to a local Wi-Fi network, and then activate the MiraCast program.
- Next, click on the notifications in the lower right of the screen. You will see a menu of features. Select transfer to screen.
- Select a connection to a wireless display.
- Search for your TV, then connect to it.
The TV must have permission to connect other devices.
How to transfer a picture: configuration features for Windows 7, 8, 10, XP?
In this case, the easiest connection will be a Wi-Fi connection. Here, each system is ready to act without nuances. In modern devices, Wi-Fi is built into the system unit. If your TV supports Smart TV, you can connect both devices with the same Wi-Fi network. For a wireless connection, the type of operating system is not important. To connect two devices, you need to perform several steps:
- On a personal computer, right-click on the desktop and click on the screen settings.
- You will see the display window. Scrolling down, you will see the item connect to the display.
- Click on the display and a window will open in front of you. After downloading, select the electronic device you need.
In this case, the display will completely switch to a non-native screen. If you want to download the video separately, then this problem was solved in Windows 10.
- Launch the Movie and TV app.
- Smart TV after playing the video you need to click on the ellipsis in the lower right corner and select the transfer item to the device.
In the absence of this operating system, you can use the KMPlayer program, which supports a huge number of resolutions and video formats.
How to transfer from laptop to Smart TV (Smart TV), LG, Sumsung?
To do this, you should configure your computer:
- On the TV, go to the network settings and connect to local Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi network connection).
- On your computer, go to menu → control panel → network and internet → network and sharing control center → change additional sharing options → home or work.
- In home or work at almost all points, leave it on.
- Below, in the entry with password protection, turn off.
- In the general section, similar actions are performed.
- Open computer → network. If you have all the devices in the same local network, namely a computer and a TV, then in multimedia devices you will see your TV.
This method allows you to transfer only multimedia to the TV.
Possible transmission difficulties
- The HDMA connector may not work. In this case, if there is another connector, try using it.
- Defective cable.
- The computer may not see the TV. You should understand the settings.
- The lack of sound transmission from the laptop, as in the previous case, you should understand the settings.
- Inappropriate connection method.
Modern technology is striking in the simplicity of its actions. Careful reading of the instructions will help you choose the right connection method and ensure productive pastime