Can’t see SIM card Samsung Galaxy s4
The third reason why a Samsung smartphone or tablet does not see the SIM card. contacts
The next step is to clear the contacts on the SIM itself. To this end, we achieve a 40% alcohol concentration (regular vodka).
There can also be a degreasing liquid. this is the best tool for and cleaning electronic surfaces.
Just apply 10 ml on an anti-static cloth (avoid paper due to its ability to carry electrical charges) and polish the inside of the SIM card, which is with contacts.
[info] If Samsung stopped seeing the SIM card after the fall, then most likely you cannot do without the service, as the module could be damaged. [/ info]
The second reason why Samsung stopped seeing the SIM card. slot
Despite the use of various sealants in the SIM card slots, it is highly susceptible to various types of contamination.
A small crumb is enough to block the connection between the SIM card and the smartphone. In this case, it is worth turning to compressed air, since the presence of moisture can negatively affect.
Therefore, it is not recommended to come into contact with this element with moisture, as this may damage the Samsung phone itself.
Here, a lot also depends on the slot itself, there are open “everything in sight”, and there are those that cannot be reached without disassembly.
The first reason why Samsung does not see the SIM card is a failure
The information contained in this miniature integrated circuit allows you to communicate freely, write text messages and go online.
What to do in case of an unexpected failure? Nothing wrong. Modern technology often does not work like that.
Before sending your smartphone for repair, make a trivial act, which is an effective way to solve 90 percent of mobile phone problems.
It is to reboot or turn off and turn on your Samsung duos, Samsung note, Samsung Galaxy s4, s3, j3, s5250, gt s5250, s7, j5, s6, s8, a5, s5, j1, t285, a3, i9300, s5, i9505, gt s5230, s6 edge, n8000, gt n5100, s3 i9300, p5100, j1, 5620.
A regular restart can be a recipe for all hardware failures, not just if you can’t see the SIM card.
The fourth reason why Samsung phone stopped seeing SIM card. coverage
The very rapid growth of 4G infrastructure and the need for work includes the shutdown of some transmitters.
It is possible that your phone has been in an area disconnected by the operator for some time. In this case, most smartphones will automatically connect to another GSM network.
There are a few percent chances that your Samsung was out of reach. For this purpose, also try to enable roaming, which allows you to use another GSM network.
If Samsung stopped seeing the SIM card after the reset, then it may simply not be enabled in the settings.
5 reasons why a Samsung tablet or smartphone does not see a SIM card
You saw an alarming message. turn on the phone, and an unwanted message appears on the screen in the form of the words: “SIM card error”?
Galaxy S4 SIM and micro SD card reader replacement
Most owners tend to panic, but you do not seem to be one of them, as you are looking for solutions to what to do.
Despite all the huge possibilities available to modern smartphones, each of them will become almost useless if it loses its connection with the world.
This can happen for a number of reasons with any Samsung Galaxy phone duos j3, a3, a5, s4, a7, c4, j5, a6, j2, s6, j1, s4, s3, s7, a8, s8, j7, c3, c7, gt 19003, gt s5250, gt e1200m, g318h and in most cases it does not depend on the operator, like tele2, mts, beeline or megaphone.
This does not have to be a malfunction of the smartphone itself. Sometimes the SIM card is the reason.
Then many people decide to put their favorite cell phone in the hands of an operator. Only if you care about time and want to save it, use the suggested methods first.
The fifth reason why Samsung does not see the second SIM card. conclusion
If your phone does not see the 2nd (second) SIM card, then keep in mind that not all Samsung devices can simultaneously work with two SIM cards at the same time.
If you are sure that 2 are working at the same time, then try this trick. Paste and disable in settings. Then pull it out. Reboot the device, insert and then turn on in the settings.
Such a simple method sometimes solves the problem. If the problem is still not resolved, it remains to choose a more radical operation in the form of a system reset to factory settings.
Before doing this, you must back up all data that is important to us. The device will be completely cleaned starting from login data through system preferences, music apps, documents and more.
Just before doing this, it is worth checking whether another card will work in another phone. If none of the above methods helped, then you have no choice but to contact the operator.
There, quickly solve your problem. An employee can exchange your SIM card. In any case, sooner or later you will be able to use your smartphone again. Success.
How to Insert SIM Card on Samsung Galaxy S4
There are five steps to this guide. You will need a special plastic spatula, long nails or some kind of comfortable and soft thin object with which you can pry some parts.
Pry up the left edge of the back cover of the Samsung C4 with your fingernail or a spatula. A special connector for this is located at the level of the main camera and the power control button.
In the gap that has now formed, insert a plastic spatula and slide it from left to right, releasing the latches in sequence (these latches are located around the entire perimeter of the inside of the telephone case). At the moment when the back cover has completely moved away from the case, remove it and put it aside.
After removing the back cover, be sure to pull out the memory card from the special slot located directly under the main camera of the device:
- Press lightly on the edge of the memory card until you hear a click.
- Remove your spatula or finger from the card. a click preceded the automatic ejection of the memory card with its locking tray.
- As soon as this happens, remove the memory card and carefully place it in a place where it will not get lost.
- When assembling the Samsung S4, insert it in reverse order.
Pry up the phone battery, remove it and set it aside.
To get a Samsung Galaxy S4 SIM card, push it inward, as you did with a memory card:
- You need to press in carefully and until the click familiar to us.
- When you hear a click, release the holder so that it can automatically pull the tray out of the slot.
- When the SIM card tray has appeared completely, it’s time to remove the SIM card from it.
- Now you can insert another card into the slot and put the phone back together.
As you can see, MicroSIM in circulation is no more difficult than the most ordinary SIM card. there was nothing to be afraid of!
In this case, the contacts are loosely attached to the SIM card, so the software responds immediately. a message appears: the device does not see the SIM card. Note that this is one of the most common circumstances. Try turning off the gadget, removing the SIM card and reinstalling it. If the trick did not work, and the Samsung gadget still does not see the SIM card, then you can replace it in the office of the telecom operator.
If the Samsung smartphone does not see the SIM card, the software settings may be out of order. We advise you to update your firmware as developers are constantly improving software, increasing stability, application compatibility, and security and protection against malware. A beginner is unlikely to be able to independently update the operating system. The SC wizard will easily cope with this task, configure the software and antivirus program.
Samsung Galaxy smartphone cannot see SIM card
Cleaning the connectors
If your Samsung smartphone still cannot see the SIM card, it is most likely that the connectors are dirty or dusty. Therefore, it is recommended to clean the contacts under service conditions. The master cleans them from dust and wipes them with a disinfectant solution. It is not recommended to carry out this procedure at home, as this exposes the gadget to the danger of mechanical damage.
Samsung smartphone cannot see SIM card
The article focuses on situations where a Samsung smartphone does not see a SIM card, and contains a detailed guide on how to deal with this problem. Samsung smartphones are convenient and multifunctional gadgets that are stable and reliable. Nevertheless, every smartphone owner can find himself in a similar situation at any time and in any place. We advise you to read the m publication. So, consider the following aspects:
- Cleaning the connectors
- Software crash
- Loose connection
- Mechanical damage
- Service Center Recommendations.
The worst case scenario is flooding with liquid, which exposes the SIM card slot to the process of corrosion and turns the device into a “brick”. It is quite logical that the smartphone does not see the SIM card if the owner is negligent and negligent in relation to technology. Fortunately, the problem can be easily resolved with the help of the Service Center professionals. You should not disassemble a complex technical device yourself without special knowledge and skills. Entrust this task to experienced SC engineers. They will conduct free diagnostics, provide advice and promptly repair your Samsung phone.
If the Samsung Galaxy smartphone does not see the SIM card. Service Center Recommendations
So, if your Samsung smartphone does not see the SIM card, feel free to contact the Service Center. Clients can count on attentive service, favorable and professional assistance. Employees value the reputation of the company and maintain the quality of services at a consistently high level.
Troubleshooting SIM card problems
If you have determined that the SIM card itself is the source of all troubles, it is recommended to proceed in the following order:
- Call the Support of your operator and see if the card has been blocked. This can happen if the SIM-card is not used for a long time.
- If you have installed a new SIM card in your phone, it may not be activated. To activate, you will need to deposit money to its balance.
- Visually inspect the SIM card for scuffs, scratches and other defects. If you find them, change the card at the nearest service center of your operator.
- If the SIM was lying near the magnet for a long time, it could demagnetize. In this case, you will also need to contact the mobile office.
If there were no prerequisites for Samsung’s breakdown, try the following:
- Reboot your smartphone. The problem may lie in a single software glitch.
- Take out the SIM card and put it in another phone. This will eliminate the malfunction of the SIM card itself.
- Make sure the card is installed correctly.
- Wipe the SIM and the connector on your mobile phone with a soft cloth moistened with alcohol. The cause of the malfunction may be trivial contamination or oxidation of contacts.
- Press the SIM card to the card holder and place a piece of paper. There is a possibility that the SIM-card holder is simply loosened.
How to fix Unable to Detect SIM Card | SIM Card removed issue on Samsung Galaxy S4 | Simple Fix
Troubleshooting when Samsung does not see the SIM card
First of all, a telephone is a means of communication, and only then a multimedia player, a tool for surfing the Internet, a camera, etc. And if the smartphone does not accept a SIM card, its main function will be unavailable. SIM card problems on Samsung Galaxy can arise for various reasons. Some of them can be eliminated on their own, while others require more professional intervention. Let’s take a look at why Samsung can’t see a SIM card and what to do in a specific case.
Mechanical damage to a mobile device and how to eliminate them
When problems arise with the operation of the SIM card, the first thing to do is to remember whether the phone has been exposed to any external influences. So, if you drop it, there is a possibility of failure or unsoldering of the power amplifier, microcontroller, connector or other module. In such cases, it is better to contact the service center.
Top Causes of SIM Problems on Samsung Phones
There are a lot of factors leading to the fact that the device does not see or cannot recognize the SIM card. However, they can all be grouped into three groups:
- Mechanical malfunctions of the mobile device. Occurs when the card is frequently removed / inserted into the SIM slot, the device is damaged as a result of a strong shock or moisture penetration under the case.
- Problems related directly to the SIM card. May be due to the presence of scratches, chips and other mechanical defects on the printed circuit board, expiration of the SIM card or its blocking by the operator.
- Malfunctions of the operating system or installed software. Samsung may not see the SIM card after it has been disabled programmatically, due to the installation of an unofficial firmware, or by deleting the IMEI number.
Let’s consider each of the possible options in more detail.
If you are the owner of a dual SIM Samsung and the SIM card is not visible only on one of the connectors, see if the second slot is enabled in the device settings. The required function is in the section “SIM-cards management”.
There are cases when after a smartphone is infected with a virus or its self-flashing, NVRAM. non-volatile random access memory. is damaged on it. This is where the IMEI of the mobile device is stored. When erasing it, Samsung will not detect SIM cards.
To fix the problem, you need to repair IMEI. This can be done through the engineering menu:
- Turn off the device and remove the SIM card from it.
- Turn it on, and then use the numeric keypad to enter the combination # or ###. After that you will be taken to the engineering menu.
- Open the CDC Information. Radio Information section.
- Go to the Phone 1 tab and in the top line after “AT” type EGMR = 1.7, ”IMEI”. The quotes indicate the identifier of your mobile phone. It can be found under the back of the Samsung Galaxy.
- Confirm your changes by pressing SEND AT COMMAND.
- In the Phone 2 tab, enter the IMEI for the second SIM. Only in this case, after “AT” it is necessary to indicate “EGMR = 1.10,”.
After restarting the phone, IMEI will be restored and everything should work. If this does not help to get rid of the problem, you will only have to reset all settings to factory settings or reflash your smartphone via PC and Samsung Kies program.