Can I Recover Deleted SMS On Iphone
To restore accidentally deleted SMS messages on iPhone, you can choose one of two options: seek help from a service center or try to perform the resuscitation procedure yourself. Many people prefer the first option, since they do not know that the workshop uses the same software to return data lost from the phone, which can be successfully launched at home, and absolutely free of charge. Therefore, we will consider how to restore erased SMS messages on an iPhone without outside assistance.
Methods for returning erased SMS
The following tools exist for recovering SMS text messages on iPhone:
- iCloud virtual storage
- utility for synchronizing the phone with the iTunes PC;
- third-party software.
The first two methods of reanimation work with system backups and involve rolling the iPhone back to the state when these copies were recorded. So, in iCloud backups are created automatically once a day, of course, if the backup on your device was turned on. iTunes synchronizes the phone with the computer, overwriting the return point only when they are connected to each other via a USB cable or Wi-fi.
Therefore, if after erasing important information the gadget was synchronized with iCloud or iTunes, then SMS messages will also be deleted from backups, that is, it will be impossible to restore them.
Returning erased SMS using third-party software is carried out according to a different principle. Such programs do not roll back the iPhone to its previous state, but scan the SIM card and phone memory for fingerprints of deleted messages. If such traces are found, they are restored. In this case, for successful resuscitation, it is necessary that 2 conditions are met:
- SMS messages have been erased recently;
- the phone did not turn off after deletion.
This is because SMS fingerprints have been cached for some time. When you turn off the iPhone, the cache is cleared, which leads to the permanent loss of deleted information.
Return SMS via iCloud
In order to start automatic backup of data to the iCloud cloud storage on an iPhone, you need to activate the corresponding function in the phone’s settings menu in the “Storage and copies” section by dragging the slider to the “On” state.
Now, to recover accidentally deleted SMS messages, you must do the following:
- In the "Settings" menu, go to the "Basic". "Reset" tab.
- Click on the item indicated in the image. If you have a restriction password enabled on your iPhone, you will need to enter it.
- The process of resetting the device to the factory settings starts, upon completion of which all user data will be permanently erased. After completing the initial settings of the phone and connecting Wi-fi to it, you can choose the following options for further development of events: configure iPhone as a new one, restore the device from cloud storage, use backup on a PC. Click the second option.
After that, all the data in the phone’s memory at the time of backup, including deleted SMS messages, will be restored.
Unlike iCloud, iTunes writes iPhone backups not to a virtual drive, but to a computer. As in the first case, if you want such copies to be created automatically, you need to make some settings:
- Launch iTunes on your PC, and then connect your phone to it via the USB cable.
- After the device is identified, click on the phone icon in the upper left corner.
- In the "Overview" tab, select the PC as a backup data storage, and then check the box "Synchronize automatically.". To create a backup at this time, you can click "Create a copy now."
Having a backup of your iPhone, you can easily recover deleted SMS messages:
- Launch iTunes and connect the device to the PC.
- In the Browse section, click Restore from Copy.
- If there are several backups on the PC, select the most suitable one and then activate recovery.
Recover deleted SMS messages using third-party software
If your iPhone is not configured to back up data either through iTunes or through iCloud or you just do not want to completely restore the OS, you can try to recover deleted SMS messages using third-party software specially designed for this purpose. Of these programs, the most effective are:
- Data Doctor Recovery. SIM Card;
- SmartPhone Recovery.
Using Data Doctor Recovery. SIM Card
This utility is an indispensable tool for recovering deleted or damaged SMS messages and phone book entries stored on the SIM card. For resuscitation, you will additionally need a USB card reader for reading SIM cards or phoenix type USB. The procedure will be as follows:
- Download and install the Data Doctor Recovery. SIM Card program on your PC.
- Turn off the iPhone, remove the SIM card from it, and then connect it to the computer through the card reader.
- Open the utility and click "Search". After that, we indicate which device is used to read the SIM card. card reader (PC / SC) or phoenix, and click "Start".
- After the scan is completed, previously deleted messages, contacts, etc. will be displayed. You need to select the desired item and click "Save."
SMS recovery via SmartPhone Recovery
SmartPhone Recovery is a very interesting utility in terms of multifunctionality and efficiency, which allows you to restore erased SMSs not only from iPhone memory, but also from iTunes backup. It is an indispensable tool in a situation when, after deleting SMS, the phone turned off (that is, there are no more fingerprints in the device’s cache), but I don’t want to completely restore the system from backup.
To return accidentally deleted SMS you must:
- Download and install the application on a PC.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and launch SmartPhone Recovery.
- In the initial window of the program, choose where to restore text messages from directly from your phone or from a copy created in iTunes, and then click Start Scan.
- After the scan is completed, a table with all the deleted data that can be restored will be displayed in front of you. Click Continue here.
- Select the Message tab, mark the messages you want to revive, and click Export.
After performing these steps, previously deleted SMSs will be restored to the computer.