The remote play application on PC and Mac allows you to stream games from the PS4 system to your desktop or laptop computer. When remote play is turned on, your PS4’s home screen, games, and more can be streamed over your home broadband network.
- PC or Mac compliant with system requirements
- PlayStation 4 (system software version no lower than 3.50)
- DUALSHOCK 4 controller and Micro USB cable
- Internet connection with download speeds to and from the network of at least 5 Mb / s (12 Mb / s recommended)
You can also start remote playback on compatible Android or Apple iOS mobile devices. For details on the remote play service, see the remote play guide.
- Windows 8.1 or later
- 2.67 GHz or faster Intel Core i5-560M processor
- At least 100 MB of free disk space
- At least 2 GB of RAM
- OS X High Sierra (10.13) or more modern
- Intel Core i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz or faster
- At least 40 MB of free disk space
- At least 2 GB of RAM
Step 1: Prepare your PS4 for Remote Play on PC or Mac
Allow remote play on the PS4:
- Select [Settings] [Remote Play Connection Settings].
- Check the [Allow remote play] box.
Activate your PS4 system as your primary PS4:
- [Settings] [Account Management] [Activate as the main PS4 system] [Activate].
Note: only one PS4 system can be activated as the main one. See the PS4 Activation Guide for more information.
Allow remote play to start when the PS4 system is at rest:
- [Settings] [Power Saving Settings] [Select functions available at rest].
- Check [Save Internet Connection] and [Allow the PS4 System to Be Enabled Via the Network].
Step 2: Prepare the PC or Mac for Remote Play
- Click the link to download the installation file [PS4 Remote Play].
- Run the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Connect the controller to a PC or Mac.
Step 3: Establish a Remote Play Connection
If your PS4 system is at rest and activated as the primary PS4 system for your account, the remote play connection will be established automatically when you launch the remote play application:
- Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 controller to a PC or Mac using a USB cable.
- Launch the [PS4 Remote Play] application on your computer, then click the [Start] button.
If the PS4 does not automatically connect to the computer, you will be prompted to manually register manually register the PS4 on your PC or Mac.